VM521 – Motion on Cleaner and Healthier Living Conditions 2019 Watch

Poll: Should this bill be passed into law?
As many are of the opinion, Aye (26)
56.52%
On the contrary, No (9)
19.57%
Abstain (11)
23.91%
This discussion is closed.
Saracen's Fez
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
VM521 – Motion on Cleaner and Healthier Living Conditions 2019, Nunchuck-master-2334 MP
This House calls upon the government to address the needs for cleaner and healthier living and working conditions.

This can be done through the addition of new cycle routes, which would help decrease the overall effects of global warming, and it would help people get fitter. Traffic lanes can either be narrowed, and one lane made especially for cyclists, or new lanes can be added.

Something also needs to be done about the amount of litter on our roads. Hygiene is one of the most important things. If the UK was made a cleaner and tidier place, it could be used for more tourists. Would any of you go back to a place that had rubbish all over the ground?

These are the propositions I choose to put forward for a better UK.
CatusStarbright
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This motion is not perfect, but I have voted in favour as I agree in principle with the idea behind it.
Koalifications
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Whilst this bill is not watertight, nor does it provide many suitable solutions to some of the problems suggested such as litter, nevertheless as the Secretary for DEFRA and Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, I agree with my Right Honourable Friend that we must constantly strive for a better, healthier environment. I, therefore, hope that this Government can support this bill at least in principle to protect our country before we fall into the inescapable abyss of climate change.
TheRadishPrince
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Aye.
This motion may not be a masterpiece of writing but it does not need to be as the point it makes is one that a vast majority of us in the house can get behind. Approval would hopefully force commitments to bring necessary change about and I definitely support this as a whole.
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nay. This bill is too broad in asking for "cleaner and healthier living and working conditions". A more detailed one I would maybe vote aye.
London090
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've voted aye because I support the idea as a whole, however as other members have mentioned the motion isn't perfect but there has been good propositions put forth on how this plan is to be carried out so I have voted in favour of it.
Pugglet
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The idea as a whole is a good one so, aye
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
**** cyclists in the city.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Koalifications)
Whilst this bill is not watertight, nor does it provide many suitable solutions to some of the problems suggested such as litter, nevertheless as the Secretary for DEFRA and Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, I agree with my Right Honourable Friend that we must constantly strive for a better, healthier environment. I, therefore, hope that this Government can support this bill at least in principle to protect our country before we fall into the inescapable abyss of climate change.
It isn't a bill...
Saracen's Fez
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
One Aye has been removed due to a double vote in seat 20 (DayneD89 for Nunchuck-master-2334).

One Aye has been removed due to a double vote in seat 44 (Aph for Bluestar511).
Saracen's Fez
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
The Ayes to the right: 26
The Noes to the left: 9
Abstentions: 11

The Ayes have it! The Ayes have it! Unlock!

Turnout: 92%
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.52%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.67%
No, but I want to start (189)
36%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.24%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.57%