history or latin GCSE ?

Watch this thread
ogfbloo
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I need to choose between history or latin GCSE, I enjoy both subject but cant take both, unless it would be better to take both and drop music? but I think I should do music as it makes u more interesting if you do something non academic and i'm on grade 5 piano. I really have no idea which one I should do - I probably like latin more but people say its pointless... help
oh and btw i would like to be a vet/look into medicine
heyitsmika
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Do what you want to do do whatever you feel will make you happier.
If you choose a subject you’re not passionate about, chances are that you’ll do a lot worse at it.
TotallyNotMe
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
In GCSE history, some schools look at 'medicine through time' which is a facinating and informative subject about medicine all the way from ancient times to modern day. There's a lot of key dates (with all topics, but especially medicine), however it's really fun to learn. That may be slightly helpful later on.

GCSE Latin seems like an interesting subject but pointless for later on, as it is a dead language. I say it's completely useless and it'll have a lot of stress with it, considering it is a whole other language you have to learn, which you will probably never use again.

Personally I would do History. I took it for GCSE and I loved every second of it. Some things I learnt come up in conversation for a split second and it's nice to actually be a part of something like that. Having a history GCSE could lead towards many jobs. None of those subjects will help you get to become a vet in the slightest, as that would all be up to your training beforehand and possibly your a-levels and university. For now, go with something you think will be interesting and fun, but could also lead to many possible options in the future.
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TotallyNotMe)
In GCSE history, some schools look at 'medicine through time' which is a facinating and informative subject about medicine all the way from ancient times to modern day. There's a lot of key dates (with all topics, but especially medicine), however it's really fun to learn. That may be slightly helpful later on.
That's just one component of the course (the thematic study). I think this student should know the options that their school chose for their history specification. The course can easily become a living hell if you're not too fond of any of the periods of history that you learn. This includes the period study, modern world and British depth studies. Our ones actually kind of sucked a** (in my opinion, anyway), and I loathed that son of a b**** so much haha.
Last edited by Tolgash; 3 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (36)
26.09%
As I expected (46)
33.33%
Harder (49)
35.51%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.07%

Watched Threads