The Student Room Group

having adhd?

I have a hard time focusing on my work and get distracted very very quickly. esp during exam seasons and it's frustrating. I think I might have ADHD but I want to know some of the clear symptoms of ADHD.
I want to consult a doctor, but I need to talk to my parents first and I really don't want to explain about ADHD and what it's like. I don't think they'll understand and probably will think it's a waste of time visiting a doc for that.
Original post by Anonymous
I want to know some of the clear symptoms of ADHD.
https://www.google.com/search?q=clear+symptoms+of+adhd&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB746GB746&oq=clear+symptoms+of+adhd&aqs=chrome..69i57.9075j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Original post by Anonymous
I want to consult a doctor, but I need to talk to my parents first and I really don't want to explain about ADHD and what it's like. I don't think they'll understand and probably will think it's a waste of time visiting a doc for that.
Why don't you think they'll understand?
Depending on your circumstances, you can bypass your parents and go straight to your doctor (pretty much as long as you're 16+ and can get there without your parents, you'd be fine to do so). If that's not possible, explain the issues without trying to relate it to ADHD when talking to your parents, as their opinion of ADHD might make getting them to agree harder.

Quick Reply

Latest