The Student Room Group

Is driving to school fun?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J.George
yeah the after school traffic is probably a nightmare.. btw i'm learning to drive, got my test booked Feb 28th and personally I can't wait to drive from and to school

It was like that near my old 6th form. Luckily i hadnt passed my test at the time.
But i then went onto college after 6th form and passed not long after. It was better with college, as i didnt have to rely on buses, lifts etc. And there wasnt the after school traffic that you get with 6th forms as there isnt the school run traffic and people/courses finished college at different times.
if you have a nice car yes
Reply 22
Original post by Emma:-)
It was like that near my old 6th form. Luckily i hadnt passed my test at the time.
But i then went onto college after 6th form and passed not long after. It was better with college, as i didnt have to rely on buses, lifts etc. And there wasnt the after school traffic that you get with 6th forms as there isnt the school run traffic and people/courses finished college at different times.

so did u wake up later to get ready for school since u got a car or nah?
Original post by tesconyc
if you have a nice car yes

This can't be understated. I used to hate driving my 2000 Peugeot 206 - just an average AF car, drove like s***, and it always smelled damp cause there was a leak seeping through to the footwell that I never managed to get fixed. Wasn't until I got a nice car that I actually started to enjoy driving. It's fun to drive and it's just cool when you're getting out of your car and catch people mirin' it out the corner of your eye.
Reply 24
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
This can't be understated. I used to hate driving my 2000 Peugeot 206 - just an average AF car, drove like s***, and it always smelled damp cause there was a leak seeping through to the footwell that I never managed to get fixed. Wasn't until I got a nice car that I actually started to enjoy driving. It's fun to drive and it's just cool when you're getting out of your car and catch people
mirin' it out the corner of your eye.

ahh mannnnn that last sentence just made my day. yeah can't wait to drive, mainly cos there's year 7s and stuff on my bus talking about fortnite and tha
ahh mannnnn that last sentence just made my day. yeah can't wait to drive, mainly cos there's year 7s and stuff on my bus talking about fortnite and tha

What sort of car will you be looking to get when you've passed? Done your insurance quotes to see what it'd cost with a full license?
Reply 26
What sort of car will you be looking to get when you've passed? Done your insurance quotes to see what it'd cost with a full license?

idk probably a vauxhall but idk yet and yeah we called up the insurance company they said like 4k
idk probably a vauxhall but idk yet and yeah we called up the insurance company they said like 4k

I meant what sorta year and type are you looking at :lol: Saloon, hatchback? But yeah, didn't enjoy owning my old car at all, certainly didn't catch anyone checking it out, apart from some kids calling it a "gay car" once :rofl:
I meant what sorta year and type are you looking at :lol: Saloon, hatchback? But yeah, didn't enjoy owning my old car at all, certainly didn't catch anyone checking it out, apart from some kids calling it a "gay car" once :rofl:

Toyota Aygo masterrace reporting in.
Reply 29

of course a hatchback...what car did u have??
for me it’s a bit annoying because during that time i could’ve checked social media/read/done my homework but on the bright side it allows me to have about 20 extra minutes in the morning (as compared to taking the bus)
Reply 31
Original post by delia0117q
for me it’s a bit annoying because during that time i could’ve checked social media/read/done my homework but on the bright side it allows me to have about 20 extra minutes in the morning (as compared to taking the bus)

so did u wake up a bit later to get ready for school since u got a car??
Reply 32
not in my case as the parking at my university is extortionate so i get the bus to uni
so did u wake up a bit later to get ready for school since u got a car??

i’m still living w my parents and since this autumn i’ll be off to uni they let me use their car; i don’t have to worry about fuel so that’s a plus for me as well
and yeah i used to wake up at 6:25 and now i do so at 6:40 ☺️
Reply 34
Original post by puta91
not in my case as the parking at my university is extortionate so i get the bus to uni

surely you could park a bit further away and then walk just a little extra rather than taking the bus?
of course a hatchback...what car did u have??

I already told you in my first post :rofl:
surely you could park a bit further away and then walk just a little extra rather than taking the bus?

Parking at a university (if possible at all) is often incredibly expensive, as a student it's silly to pay more just to park than you would to get the bus.
Reply 37
Original post by delia0117q
i’m still living w my parents and since this autumn i’ll be off to uni they let me use their car; i don’t have to worry about fuel so that’s a plus for me as well
and yeah i used to wake up at 6:25 and now i do so at 6:40 ☺️

extra 15 minutes of sleep? I'll take it
Reply 38
I already told you in my first post :rofl:

Peugeot 206? eh could be worse
Reply 39
cant park anywhere near my uni as its all private plus no cars are allowed on the maim road its just for buses and taxis, so its a pain in the arse

Quick Reply

Latest