wattm056
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have applied for mechanical engineering at both Bristol, Southampton and Oxford and am stuck between the three.
My questions about Southampton are, do they film/ record any of their lectures? Also do you make most of your mates within lectures or by joining societies, or other? also, for anyone who takes mech eng. how practical is the course? as in how much time is spent on research and how much on hands on activities?
any help or advice about chosing unis would be greatly appreciated.
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by wattm056)
I have applied for mechanical engineering at both Bristol, Southampton and Oxford and am stuck between the three.
My questions about Southampton are, do they film/ record any of their lectures? Also do you make most of your mates within lectures or by joining societies, or other? also, for anyone who takes mech eng. how practical is the course? as in how much time is spent on research and how much on hands on activities?
any help or advice about chosing unis would be greatly appreciated.
:hello: Awesome to hear that you have applied to the University of Southampton :awesome: am a current 2nd year Chemistry student there
Feel free to ask any general questions about the uni!

However, yes, most lecturers do indeed record lectures! All of mine have so far this year and the really good ones even do multiple recordings/extra recordings if people struggle with certain aspects of the course :yy:

I didn't make as many friends on my course as I did in my University accommodation/societies but it really depends on you! It's not a general trend that everyone makes friends on their course/societies!
What is clear is that you will find friends because people like you will probably be on your course and also in societies you join because those are the thing that you are interested in.passionate about!! You can look at a society list here susu.org

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions just grab me, happy to help!
Cheese
:bump:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (241)
66.21%
No (123)
33.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed