Offer from Liverpool, rejected by Cambridge ... Watch

Lesleyislovely
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I've had an offer to study vet med at Liverpool which is great news and I am grateful but I really wanted to go to Cambridge. I have an interview at Nottingham next week and I'm still waiting to hear from Bristol.
What I'm wondering is, are there other students out there who had to accept an offer from the University that wasn't their first choice. I know vet med places are not easy to gain so should I accept the offer and move on or reapply to Cambridge next year and forgo my current offer/offers. I'm worried if I reapply next academic year the other Universities might reject me second time around ...
What have others done?
What is Liverpool life like as a student?
I imagine there must be other Cambridge 'rejects' in a similar situation. Many thanks.
Aana12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
honestly in my opinion it depends on how much you want to do vet med. If thats the priority then accept the offer (after you hear from the other unis only). If what ni you go to is the priority then maybe apply next year. However it also depends on why you were rejected. So maybe find out why you were rejected by Cambridge and then decide based on that?
Lesleyislovely
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Aana12)honestly in my opinion it depends on how much you want to do vet med. If thats the priority then accept the offer (after you hear from the other unis only). If what ni you go to is the priority then maybe apply next year. However it also depends on why you were rejected. So maybe find out why you were rejected by Cambridge and then decide based on that?

Thank you for your thoughts. I'm torn because I have wanted to study Vet Med for many years but at the same time I hoped I might do this at Cambrigde ...
Edminzodo
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Lesleyislovely)
Hi, I've had an offer to study vet med at Liverpool which is great news and I am grateful but I really wanted to go to Cambridge. I have an interview at Nottingham next week and I'm still waiting to hear from Bristol.
What I'm wondering is, are there other students out there who had to accept an offer from the University that wasn't their first choice. I know vet med places are not easy to gain so should I accept the offer and move on or reapply to Cambridge next year and forgo my current offer/offers. I'm worried if I reapply next academic year the other Universities might reject me second time around ...
What have others done?
I imagine there must be other Cambridge 'rejects' in a similar situation. Many thanks.
I missed getting into Oxford and decided to come to Liverpool instead as I was worried that I wouldn't get in to Oxford the second time round and didn't want to waste a year. If you have gap year plans then follow them by all means, but if you really want to be a vet, it doesn't matter where you study as far as I know.

Liverpool is an amazing city. The accommodation is all very modern, the campus is right near the centre of the city, and it's very cheap to live here. The Guild was voted the best UK student union a short while back, too. I'd recommend going to an Applicant Discovery Day if you can, but feel free to ask me any questions, too!
Lesleyislovely
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Edminzodo)
I missed getting into Oxford and decided to come to Liverpool instead as I was worried that I wouldn't get in to Oxford the second time round and didn't want to waste a year. If you have gap year plans then follow them by all means, but if you really want to be a vet, it doesn't matter where you study as far as I know.

Liverpool is an amazing city. The accommodation is all very modern, the campus is right near the centre of the city, and it's very cheap to live here. The Guild was voted the best UK student union a short while back, too. I'd recommend going to an Applicant Discovery Day if you can, but feel free to ask me any questions, too!
Thank you so much for your excellent advice. I’m coming to Applicant Discovery day in February which will be very useful.
Great to hear that you are happy at Liverpool.
What are you studying?
laurenjayne1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What have others done?
Hey!
I study with Liverpool, I am doing veterinary science with their foundation year so I'll be going into my 1st year this September (all being well!) Liverpool is a great city, as mentioned its cheap, good nightlife, everything on your doorstep. The uni has plenty to offer and the vet school is fab. Definitely go and have a look around, you may be sold on it.
I have always lived near Liverpool (on the wirral) and have worked in veterinary for a few years prior so I got to know vets who studied with Liverpool and meet students doing EMS at the practice I worked at. They have all said that they have really enjoyed their time with Liverpool and love the city.
In years 4/5 the students usually move to a little town in Cheshire called Neston. Again its cheap to live, on the edge of the country and its close to the university farms and referral practices. I am working on their farms at the moment and the staff are lovely and very helpful.
If you have any other questions then you are more than welcome to give me a message!!
Snoozinghamster
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What have others done?
Congrats on getting the offer from Liverpool. Wait until you’ve heard back from the rest of your unis but it’s probably best to pick a firm and insurance this year. But ask Cambridge for feedback, then on results if grades go really well and you think you can improve on your Cambridge application then you could consider pulling out things year and applying again next year.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.7%
No (215)
94.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise