Icon1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm in Year 11 and so I am in the process of doing my GCSE's but also considering what I should pick for A-Levels.
I am definitely doing Maths, Further Maths-9 in mocks- and Economics
However As I am going to do 4 A-Levels i don't whether to do Physics(got 9 in my mock) or do Politics(i got 7 in all the humanities subjects like History,R.E,Sociology) because i feel like Politics will be a lot easier and considering that I am looking into doing economics at uni.
What do you think I should do?
ZedKipling
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Whichever one you prefer. Doing subjects you enjoy at A-Level will make your life much easier.

Also, consider how you feel about essays and extended writing. If you're not keen, you might be better with Physics.
loralai
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm currently studying Econ at uni.
I personally don't know why you would put yourself through the stress of studying physics (supposedly one of the hardest A levels, paired with maths - will not be fun) , when you could get an easy A grade say in a subject such as psychology with alot less effort.
Unis are going to look at your grades, if they require maths, they will look at that, but nothing else.
Don't make things harder for yourself - but i mean if you really think you'll enjoy it, why not.
Icon1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by loralai)I'm currently studying Econ at uni.
I personally don't know why you would put yourself through the stress of studying physics (supposedly one of the hardest A levels, paired with maths - will not be fun) , when you could get an easy A grade say in a subject such as psychology with alot less effort.
Unis are going to look at your grades, if they require maths, they will look at that, but nothing else.
Don't make things harder for yourself - but i mean if you really think you'll enjoy it, why not.
Thanks for that.
Btw which a-levels do you study
jonathanjames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Physics is a larger risk, a much larger risk, politics is an esaay based subject, not too strenuous ive heard, and you could probably link it to several economic themes, and if youre not great at it, putting in extra work will give you the grde. Physics is a whole other relity tho, very very concptually difficult, but i feel like overrated in difficulty.However, you prove you are more than capable, fm being a conceptually difficult subject as well. I would suggest going to WhSmith and perusing the a level physics book and Gov and Pol textbooks, compare content and see if you can cope. Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (93)
5.02%
Uncertainty around my education (280)
15.11%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (198)
10.69%
Lack of purpose or motivation (261)
14.09%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (82)
4.43%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (107)
5.77%
Loneliness (160)
8.63%
Financial worries (66)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (81)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (88)
4.75%
Lack of real life entertainment (102)
5.5%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (162)
8.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (173)
9.34%

Watched Threads