C.onnieee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,I’m halfway through year 11, and I’ve already had my sixth form meeting, I’ve picked Geography, BTEC Business and BTEC Media. Media is my favourite subject and I’ve just received an 8 in my mock, and would hopefully like to get a 9 in my actual GCSE. I’ve decided to pick BTEC Media as there’s more coursework and it’s more practical, but all of my teachers have said that I should do A-Level Media as I’m capable of it. When I’m older I want to get into TV and production. So what is really better BTEC Media or A-Level media?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by C.onnieee)
Hi,I’m halfway through year 11, and I’ve already had my sixth form meeting, I’ve picked Geography, BTEC Business and BTEC Media. Media is my favourite subject and I’ve just received an 8 in my mock, and would hopefully like to get a 9 in my actual GCSE. I’ve decided to pick BTEC Media as there’s more coursework and it’s more practical, but all of my teachers have said that I should do A-Level Media as I’m capable of it. When I’m older I want to get into TV and production. So what is really better BTEC Media or A-Level media?

I dont think theres much difference.
What degree do you wish to do?
Have you checked the specs for both?
Exams or coursework?
Talk to teachers.
I think an A level can be considered by some as slightly more challenging academically, but I think its minimal. Check entrance requirements for your favoured courses. If you can get a better grade in BTEC then thats likely to count for more.

Do get your teachers to explain why they believe A level is superior and better for you. It might be more fun and demanding for them to teach, but thats different.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads