The Student Room Group

Boosting my grade

Hello,
I'm in a class of 8 currently studying biology at A-level. I'm aware it's not so much a competition but I got the worst grade of my class and of my life in a recent biology mock paper we did. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good revision sources that I could make use of/tips they could give me on how to improve from the level I'm currently working at.
I was/am hoping to get an A, my final "predicted grade" was a B and yet I didn't perform so well in the mock.
Original post by SeaFoaming
Hello,
I'm in a class of 8 currently studying biology at A-level. I'm aware it's not so much a competition but I got the worst grade of my class and of my life in a recent biology mock paper we did. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good revision sources that I could make use of/tips they could give me on how to improve from the level I'm currently working at.
I was/am hoping to get an A, my final "predicted grade" was a B and yet I didn't perform so well in the mock.

Spend as much time as you need to understand the content thoroughly and make links between some chapters if you can. Then do a tonne of practice questions- spend less time on the easy questions and more on the ones you're finding difficult as this will help you to improve. The mark scheme for Biology is often very strict, so learn key terminology that is often underlined in the mark scheme and ensure you understand everything you need to get each individual mark for every question you're doing, as these marks will add up.

Here are a few resources that I use for practice questions: https://mrsmillersblog.wordpress.com/, Physics&MathsTutor, MathsMadeEasy, SaveMyExams :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending