Does he really care about me? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So basically I visited my friend at a university close to where I live and I met someone before we went out. I saw him again once we had all got back and stayed with him. Since then I’ve seen him quite a lot of time’s and I have had sex with him. However, he has a reputation of being someone who sleeps around a lot and I’m worried that I’m just seen as another one of his girls to have sex with. I’ve confronted him about this before and he’s just said to me that I’m being silly and that if I knew what he was like to other girls I would realise that I do mean a lot to him. Although I know that words are so easily said but not meant and I don’t want to be used or hurt so I’m wondering if anyone else could give any input? I’m not letting myself get attatched because I can tell that it’ll end up with me unhappy but I’m enjoying the time I’m spending with him at the moment and i don’t want to blow it but also I don’t want to lose my self respect
GandalfWhite
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Too early to tell?
Analyst89
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you worried then approach the people who say 'he has a reputation of being somone who sleeps around' and tell them why do they say this about him?

If he cares about you, well you would know this regarding his actions tbh, you said you've seen him quite a lot of times.
Last edited by Analyst89; 3 weeks ago
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
He's at uni in his sexual prime. He sees you as meat. He wouldn't sleep around if he wanted to be with you. He's unattached to you and sees you for sex. If he loved you he would be exclusive to you
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My boyfriend has had a lot of sexual partners but never dated any of them. He made it clear from the start that I wasn't the same as those girls and he wanted to spend his life with me. His behaviour since we got together has suggested that this is absolutely true. Some people do calm down when they meet the right girl, but it's too early to tell in your case whether he means what he says or not.
Palmyra
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
He's at uni in his sexual prime. He sees you as meat. He wouldn't sleep around if he wanted to be with you. He's unattached to you and sees you for sex. If he loved you he would be exclusive to you
Lol'd at "sexual prime"
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Palmyra)
Lol'd at "sexual prime"
After your 20 it's all down hill. You can't have sex when you've got the baby crying all night
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It seems possible that he's not spending time with you for your scintillating personality. But if you're enjoying spending time with him and haven't let yourself get attached anyway, is that really a problem? As long as nobody's getting hurt... Recognising that you enjoy doing something (or someone), and continuing to do it, does not equate to a loss of self-respect.

Still, if you really are strictly looking for someone to form a long-term emotional attachment to, I'd steer clear of this guy.
Last edited by anosmianAcrimony; 3 weeks ago
Palmyra
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
After your 20 it's all down hill. You can't have sex when you've got the baby crying all night
Solution: don't have children in your 20s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (33)
11.07%
I used to but I don't now (10)
3.36%
No, but I want to start (111)
37.25%
No, I am unable to (64)
21.48%
No, I chose not to (80)
26.85%