Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
If i retake an AS level subject, will it make any difference to my Results
or certificates?will there be any types of indication in my results or
certificates regarding the retake? Also if i carry forward that AS subject
and complete my A level, will my A level certificate or result have any
indication that i retook that particular AS subject?
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ishaq111)
If i retake an AS level subject, will it make any difference to my Results
or certificates?will there be any types of indication in my results or
certificates regarding the retake? Also if i carry forward that AS subject
and complete my A level, will my A level certificate or result have any
indication that i retook that particular AS subject?
Is this in the UK or the international version? i shall assume it is outside the UK as nearly All A levels are linear for the UK, but international A levels can still be AS+ A2.

Id you resit then you simply get a second qualification.
The dates you sat the examination are used.
UCAS requires you give a complete record of all exams attempted so they know by default because you declare that you have provided the information of all exams taken. If you hide information then you will be carrying out a fraud.
Ishaq111
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Is this in the UK or the international version? i shall assume it is outside the UK as nearly All A levels are linear for the UK, but international A levels can still be AS+ A2.

Id you resit then you simply get a second qualification.
The dates you sat the examination are used.
UCAS requires you give a complete record of all exams attempted so they know by default because you declare that you have provided the information of all exams taken. If you hide information then you will be carrying out a fraud.
I am sitting under university of cambridge local examinations syndicate
backfloss1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
only if they ask for your results certificate future employers don't care and as long as you get a better grade it doesn't really matter
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ishaq111)
I am sitting under university of cambridge local examinations syndicate
So you are doing CIE and the international version. You only have two 6 month windows to resit. You just get an additional certificate.

If you performed poorly in AS an hope to improve in A2 then remember to increase the overall grade you will need to exceed the target grade by the amount you fell short in AS, that could mean 1 or 2 grades higher and it becomes very challenging. A resit may be simpler. Unis are unlikely to care unless its medicine, in which case you may get away with the resit as long as its in the 2 year window from when you started the course.
Ishaq111
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
So you are doing CIE and the international version. You only have two 6 month windows to resit. You just get an additional certificate.

If you performed poorly in AS an hope to improve in A2 then remember to increase the overall grade you will need to exceed the target grade by the amount you fell short in AS, that could mean 1 or 2 grades higher and it becomes very challenging. A resit may be simpler. Unis are unlikely to care unless its medicine, in which case you may get away with the resit as long as its in the 2 year window from when you started the course.
Thanks a lot! Another thing is that what happens when i sit for the same exam in oct nov 18 and may june 19 without choosing retake option for the later one? Does it make my previous result invalid?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (44)
12.12%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
10.74%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.03%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.48%
No (260)
71.63%

Watched Threads