username4456078
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am currently in first year and I want to drop out as I’m not enjoy my course, undergraduate Psychology, but I’m not sure what else I want to do , any advice
esrever
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tyra _21)
I am currently in first year and I want to drop out as I’m not enjoy my course, undergraduate Psychology, but I’m not sure what else I want to do , any advice
Do you have any other course in mind?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We would need more information to really be able to advise you? For example, what is it you don't like about Psychology? Would you want to do a different course at your current uni or are you looking for a fresh start? What are your A levels? So many questions!
nabilahhh
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It’s probably the module you’re doing right now...
username4456078
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I just don’t like the science aspects I’m quite a creative person soo that plays a role , I really enjoy art but I don’t know where that would lead me career wise and my mum wouldn’t be happy for me to pursue that I did psychology for A levels and GCSE I chose it for uni because I wanted to be a clinical psychologist but I don’t find if interesting and don’t see myself commuting to is it for three years I didn’t enjoy it at a level but since year ten I always told myself that what I wanted to do so I and also I’m really miserable at uni and lonely as well Id prefe to be near home
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I just don’t like the science aspects I’m quite a creative person soo that plays a role , I really enjoy art but I don’t know where that would lead me career wise and my mum wouldn’t be happy for me to pursue that I did psychology for A levels and GCSE I chose it for uni because I wanted to be a clinical psychologist but I don’t find if interesting and don’t see myself commuting to is it for three years I didn’t enjoy it at a level but since year ten I always told myself that what I wanted to do so I and also I’m really miserable at uni and lonely as well Id prefe to be near home
So this basically comes down to you not knowing what career you'd like to go in, essentially.

Psychology is quite science-y but not all Psychology degrees are like that. For instance, some rely on statistics, others not so much.

There's other careers and jobs you can do with a Psychology degree, other than clinical work.

What were your other A-level subjects? Maybe you can do a combined honours?
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Psychology does take some people by surprise at Uni in that it is more statistical than at A level and scientific in the way experiments are conduted. That is why some Unis prefer applicants to have Biology or Maths A level - although most don't require it.

A subject that is similar but doesn't involve those aspects is Sociology - you are only in first year so it could be worth talking to your tutor to see if you can switch to a combined degree? Although it sounds like you would also like to change Uni as you are lonely there. If you are thinking about dropping out, I would go and talk to student services this week to discuss your options and the financial implications as you don't want to pay more tuition fees than you have to. You could then research alternative courses, and make a new UCAS application if you find a subject that you really want to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.9%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (16)
15.69%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (19)
18.63%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (11)
10.78%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (33)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (18)
17.65%

Watched Threads