Should I give up on engineering and physics for uni? Watch

ellie_ellie_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am taking Bio, Chem, and Math A levels right now and I actually don't know what I want to do for uni nor have I got anything I am truly passionate about. But I suddenly thought engineering or astrophysics would be a fun career to have but since I don't have physics, I would either have to repeat year 12 or take a foundation year in uni. Should I just give up cause I'm not really sure if I would truly enjoy it and find a career I can do with the subjects I have now? I'm going to some engineering and aeronautic engineering courses in the future but I want some other perspectives on this matter. Thank you
Moments
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ellie_ellie_)
I am taking Bio, Chem, and Math A levels right now and I actually don't know what I want to do for uni nor have I got anything I am truly passionate about. But I suddenly thought engineering or astrophysics would be a fun career to have but since I don't have physics, I would either have to repeat year 12 or take a foundation year in uni. Should I just give up cause I'm not really sure if I would truly enjoy it and find a career I can do with the subjects I have now? I'm going to some engineering and aeronautic engineering courses in the future but I want some other perspectives on this matter. Thank you
Some (many?) unis only require maths for engineering, generally if you can do maths you can do the physics required at undergrad level.

Id say carry on unless you really want to do astrophysics.

If you care about money, finance is always the easy option with those A-levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (47)
9.13%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.72%
No, but I want to start (185)
35.92%
No, I am unable to (119)
23.11%
No, I chose not to (150)
29.13%