A level law Watch

sophieevans17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey! i’m wanting to take a degree in law at university as i want to be a lawyer of some kind. i’m currently in year 11 and have picked my a levels but i am still unsure. i have heard that taking a level law is not recommended when applying to do a degree in law? i’m not sure whether to drop a level law and replace it with history as i’ve been told? surely it would be more helpful to take a level law as you then know a bit about law before going to university?

my a levels are currently: law, english lang/lit (haven’t decided) and sociology with criminology.

any one taking these a levels and would be able to advise me on what they are like?
Lady Jamie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It really doesn't matter, your options are fine. Doing A level law won't necessarily give you an advantage.

Pick the A levels you enjoy more/is like to perform better on.
Last edited by Lady Jamie; 3 weeks ago
BenjiInTheBox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
law is probably more enjoyable & english literature is a facilitating subject so u should be fine
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sophieevans17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
thankyou! i am going to talk to my head of sixth form about it to consolidate my choices.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
8.75%
I used to but I don't now (16)
2.64%
No, but I want to start (222)
36.63%
No, I am unable to (140)
23.1%
No, I chose not to (175)
28.88%