Ri012345
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m halfway through my EPQ and I think my question is hard to write about. How can I think of a question related to medical ethics?
I’m currently looking at how the media influences current medical ethics issues. I want to write about the future of medical ethics but I need a question.
The Learn Ranger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ri012345)
I’m halfway through my EPQ and I think my question is hard to write about. How can I think of a question related to medical ethics?
I’m currently looking at how the media influences current medical ethics issues. I want to write about the future of medical ethics but I need a question.
Part of the project process is working out your own question or hypothesis - you actually get marks for thinking it through.

Having a look at the ideas above it seems there are two issues here:

1 media coverage/representations of medical ethics

2 Future issues for medical ethics

Both seem too broad - why not focus on media coverage or the future direction of of one medical ethics issue?

The first idea will need background on media representations, the second is more focused on the future of medicine.

Which direction do you prefer?

Let me know what you decide.

By the way, there is an EPQ forum within A levels.
Ri012345
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by The Learn Ranger)
Part of the project process is working out your own question or hypothesis - you actually get marks for thinking it through.

Having a look at the ideas above it seems there are two issues here:

1 media coverage/representations of medical ethics

2 Future issues for medical ethics

Both seem too broad - why not focus on media coverage or the future direction of of one medical ethics issue?

The first idea will need background on media representations, the second is more focused on the future of medicine.

Which direction do you prefer?

Let me know what you decide.

By the way, there is an EPQ forum within A levels.
Hi, I think my question will be "what is the most influential medical ethics case?" I'm not sure as this seems too broad, I've chosen four main cases ranging from the 1800s to now. Do you think this question will allow me to also focus on the science such as researching the diseases mentioned etc?
I want to use my EPQ to explore a range of medical ethics cases, do you think this is a good idea?
The Learn Ranger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ri012345)
Hi, I think my question will be "what is the most influential medical ethics case?" I'm not sure as this seems too broad, I've chosen four main cases ranging from the 1800s to now. Do you think this question will allow me to also focus on the science such as researching the diseases mentioned etc?
I want to use my EPQ to explore a range of medical ethics cases, do you think this is a good idea?
Well done for breaking the issue down.

Interesting The question is: what do you mean by 'influential'? In terms of influencing opinion, medical breakthroughs, ,media coverage?

And how will you choose the cases? Could there be a theme that links them?

Find a way through these issues and my view is that it could work.

What do you think?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.69%
No (315)
70.31%

Watched Threads