BSc Economics Course without a-level maths?? Watch

Danielz27
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Im starting uni in September 2019 and I've chosen a BSc in Economics. The unis I applied to don't specifically require maths:

1. St Andrews
2. Nottingham
3. Leeds
4. Loughborough
5. Kent

I do business, geography and economics for my a-levels so my maths stopped at GCSE level.

Im worried that I won't be able to cope with the course, so im wondering if they will teach me the basics of the maths needed for my course. And if anyone went through a similar experience how was it.

Also if you know anything about the BSc Economics courses at any of the above. unis let me know

any help is appreciated.
Loughborough University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Danielz27)
Im starting uni in September 2019 and I've chosen a BSc in Economics. The unis I applied to don't specifically require maths:

1. St Andrews
2. Nottingham
3. Leeds
4. Loughborough
5. Kent

I do business, geography and economics for my a-levels so my maths stopped at GCSE level.

Im worried that I won't be able to cope with the course, so im wondering if they will teach me the basics of the maths needed for my course. And if anyone went through a similar experience how was it.

Also if you know anything about the BSc Economics courses at any of the above. unis let me know

any help is appreciated.
Hi Danielz27

If the universities you have chosen don't specify maths, it's because everything you need to know will be covered in the course.
So I really wouldn't worry about it. If you find that you are struggling a little or want a bit of a head start, we have a Maths Learning Support Centre https://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/mlsc/ which any student can use. I'm sure other unis have similar.

All you have to remember is that if A-Level maths was cruicial to the course, they'd specify it.

Hope that helps
Vicky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (52)
13%
Yes - a food allergy (43)
10.75%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
2.75%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.25%
No (285)
71.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed