Can I quit my part time job after one training day Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've recently gotten a job, albeit I had no real say in whether or not I wanted to be applied as my sister did that for me. I ended up with the job of working behind a till in a store. I after one training day have realised that this job is not for me. I can't handle it and it stresses me out the work shifts are also really long and until late nights so that also is a massive downside to me.
I also had a teacher leave the school I go to so I am behind in work and would need to catch up with that also so I could use that as my reasoning to leave as I had been informed of being behind only today with my second training shift to come later.
Am I allowed to leave my job after only one training day and if so how would I go about doing it? Would I do it before or after my next shift and do I need to give notice as well?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks
TheNewLad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They can't force you to work there. You can quit, but you should really give notice. Do that as soon as you can if you want to quit immediately.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheNewLad)
They can't force you to work there. You can quit, but you should really give notice. Do that as soon as you can if you want to quit immediately.
But wouldn't leaving early stay on my person record and people can see that I left after a day and thus that'll look bad for the future
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
But wouldn't leaving early stay on my person record and people can see that I left after a day and thus that'll look bad for the future
There's no such thing as a "person record". Either you put it on your CV or you don't, no one ever has to know you worked there unless you tell them. But I do think you should stick it out for a few weeks at least, once you get used to the role it may start to become easier. Everyone finds starting a job stressful - new environment, new people, new responsibilities. If you really don't want to work there no one can force you but if everyone gave up so easily then no one would achieve anything.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads