Can I do the Mechanics 3 without A-level physic background? Watch

Siuhongm
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm sitting for Edexcel IAL exam.
I'm thinking of doing the M3 modules of Edexcel maths and just wanted to know if I have been never studying physics in Edexcel A-Levels, can I handle the question without A-level physic background?

I have been taking C12 C34 M1 M2 S1 S2 S3 FP1 FP2 FP3
C12 C34 M1 M2 S1 S2 and FP1 exams are done

Why do I want to study M3? because I'm afraid I can't get a better grade in FP2 so I want to use M3 modular for the sake of the grade A in A2 level maths

I think M1 and M2 aren't difficult for me because I finish all the paper from June 2001 to 2018.
Last edited by Siuhongm; 4 weeks ago
DFranklin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Siuhongm)
I'm thinking of doing the M3 modules of Edexcel maths and just wanted to know if I have been never studying physics in Edexcel A-Levels, can I handle the question without A-level physic background?

Why do I want to study M3? because I'm afraid I can't get a better grade in FP2 so I want to use M3 modular for the sake of the grade A in A2 level maths

I think M1 and M2 aren't difficult for me because I finish all the paper from June 2001 to 2018.
If you had no problems with M1 and M2 I thnk it's unlikely you'll have any with M3 (it's harder mathematically but the actual physics-like content isn't much).
backfloss1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yeah i failed a level as physics (did no work for it)
but did fine in M3
TheTroll73
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Siuhongm)

No it's fine check the specification as the only pre-requisites will be M1 M2 C12 and C34 only is required.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Material Futures Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Feb '19
  • University of Brighton
    Health and clinical practice + health professions + hospitality, tourism and events + journalism + sport and exercise Postgraduate
    Tue, 26 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (94)
14.87%
Yes - a food allergy (67)
10.6%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.37%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.53%
No (440)
69.62%

Watched Threads