"Peoples Vote'" 2nd Referendum - a no brainer?? Watch

Poll: Brexit- what do we do?
HElp PArliament out - Take it to a Peopes Vote to confirm the right outcome (5)
50%
Plough on regardless - we had one vote and if parliament cat figure out how to implement, we just leave end of. (5)
50%
Chakede
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Loook at the background -

the original vote was hasty and rushed, with barely 6months of real campaigning where there were few facts proposed and even less reality discussed as to the fallout of a leave vote.

the vote was dictated purely on the basis of scaremongering, fear-driven politicos in the absence of facts, despite the advise given of scores of professional mainstream economists politicians and businesses.

The result was a protest vote against everything establishment, by peoples with fears ranging from immigration of Syrians/ middle easterns and africans arriving in Greece to austerity, to high crime rates to bottomless pit of the NHS and schools

This was exacerbated by the fact a lot of lazy 18-24 year olds who would have the most to lose from Brexit were to complacent to even vote - so what did we get a narrow margin vote for Brexit, which ultimately divided the nation, as everyone warned it would. ANd nothing will improve until the matter is settled.
A bare majority of jsut 2% dictating we make the biggest economic and political shift has led to the madness we have experienced, with no MP in their right mind willing to put their vote to an event that would see UK tumble as a world power. A tiny majority general election win would have demanded either a power sharing coalition , or even re run -election due to its impracticality and this is shown to be the case now with t he original referendum too.

What is the solution ? there is only one logical non-emotional step that uk can take, that is have another vote - one wont be taken lightly, that is backed up by the facts of the matter that no one can hide from any more and without all the theorising and rhetoric ( ie lies) of the past 2 years)
this is so obvious that even the biggest closet brexiteer jeremy Corbyn has finally admitted he would back a 2nd ref.

. IS the UK peoples appetite still for Brexit at all costs? lets find out
MQE99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Chakede)
IS the UK peoples appetite still for Brexit at all costs? lets find out
... on the next episode of "Brexit debates"
boom88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MQE99)
... on the next episode of "Brexit debates"
Brexit Debacle.

Fixed.
barror1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So much has come out now that wasn't available during the vote, I feel like we should be able to vote with complete information
Decahedron
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
We aren't the Irish, we can't keep having referendums until politicians get the result they want.

What is the point of a referendum if it is not honored?
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When leave wins again, will the politicians listen this time? :lol:
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by barror1)
So much has come out now that wasn't available during the vote, I feel like we should be able to vote with complete information
What if a slither of information comes out after we have another? what if the situation changes (like it always is) another one? more more more more?
turquoise_badger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Chakede)
Loook at the background -

the original vote was hasty and rushed, with barely 6months of real campaigning where there were few facts proposed and even less reality discussed as to the fallout of a leave vote.

the vote was dictated purely on the basis of scaremongering, fear-driven politicos in the absence of facts, despite the advise given of scores of professional mainstream economists politicians and businesses.

The result was a protest vote against everything establishment, by peoples with fears ranging from immigration of Syrians/ middle easterns and africans arriving in Greece to austerity, to high crime rates to bottomless pit of the NHS and schools

This was exacerbated by the fact a lot of lazy 18-24 year olds who would have the most to lose from Brexit were to complacent to even vote - so what did we get a narrow margin vote for Brexit, which ultimately divided the nation, as everyone warned it would. ANd nothing will improve until the matter is settled.
A bare majority of jsut 2% dictating we make the biggest economic and political shift has led to the madness we have experienced, with no MP in their right mind willing to put their vote to an event that would see UK tumble as a world power. A tiny majority general election win would have demanded either a power sharing coalition , or even re run -election due to its impracticality and this is shown to be the case now with t he original referendum too.

What is the solution ? there is only one logical non-emotional step that uk can take, that is have another vote - one wont be taken lightly, that is backed up by the facts of the matter that no one can hide from any more and without all the theorising and rhetoric ( ie lies) of the past 2 years)
this is so obvious that even the biggest closet brexiteer jeremy Corbyn has finally admitted he would back a 2nd ref.

. IS the UK peoples appetite still for Brexit at all costs? lets find out

That isn't the problem.

The problem is that there isn't enough support in the House of Commons for a second referendum. And even if there was, who would introduce it in the form of a resolution? Neither the Conservatives or Labour are backing a 2nd referendum.

I completely agree that another referendum is the best (i.e. least worst) way forward from the deadlock, but the chances of one happening range from 'slim' to 'there's a better chance of the Liberal Democrats getting into Downing Street.'
barror1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
What if a slither of information comes out after we have another? what if the situation changes (like it always is) another one? more more more more?
It's still better than being totally blind
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%