The Student Room Group

Pigeon tapping at my window

Scroll to see replies

Original post by It's****ingWOODY
How many times did you tap and at what frequency and timbre? 3 hard taps in quick succession for example is "I had sex with your parent and then killed your sister and made her into a pigeon pie, with said parent's permission" in Pigeonese. You may have just started a war.

I think this was more musical anything - it sounded like an attempt at composition. I'm going to record next time, there's some sort of bird Mozart in the making there, or it may be atonal and repetitive, like Glass or Gorecki.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
mate I love pigeons I still need to get that mask

u, my good siress, need a pigeon onesie :youbetcha:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
u my good siress, need a pigeon onesie :youbetcha:

omg yes
Original post by chelseadagg3r
mate I love pigeons I still need to get that mask

how did I know that you would post in this thread Chelsea
omg are u as obsessed with pigeons and their recognition as @chelseadagg3r

No, i can just identify every bird species in britain

Original post by Fullofsurprises
Oh no. It was the start of human-dove relations. I couldn't even get the right species! I am so busted as regards birds liking me. :blush:

Don't worry they are all in the same family :yes:
Original post by CoolCavy
Don't worry they are all in the same family :yes:

wow! :gah: that's super awesome :teeth: can u please educate my mum BC she always asks me what bird it is outside and I'm like do I even look like I'd know woman

*adds to the lengthy list of hidden cav talents :work: *
wow! :gah: that's super awesome :teeth: can u please educate my mum BC she always asks me what bird it is outside and I'm like do I even look like I'd know woman

It would indeed be pleasant to have a TSR pictorial guide to birds.
I looked out of the window again and they left some little 'presents'.
droppings.jpg
I won't call them 'pigeon droppings' because Cool Cavy has already informed me that these were doves, not pigeons as such. Therefore they must be dove droppings.

Could this also be an attempt to communicate? I believe some primate species communicate by hurling their feaces.

Wetherspoons and birdwatch next time we meet? :colone:
droppings.jpg
I won't call them 'pigeon droppings' because Cool Cavy has already informed me that these were doves, not pigeons as such. Therefore they must be dove droppings.

Could this also be an attempt to communicate? I believe some primate species communicate by hurling their feaces.

I can read droppings, I have a translation degree from the University of Coo. It says...

'Meet u outside Slug and Lettuce for couple of drinks with lads if you R interested C U at 9pm'

Looks like you're in there.
It would indeed be pleasant to have a TSR pictorial guide to birds.

What excellent content creation :teeth:
Original post by CoolCavy
Wetherspoons and birdwatch next time we meet? :colone:

:five: yaaaaaaaaaaaas

Spoiler

Original post by Paracosm
I can read droppings, I have a translation degree from the University of Coo. It says...

'Meet u outside Slug and Lettuce for couple of drinks with lads if you R interested C U at 9pm'

Looks like you're in there.

I think you'll find it was the Bird and Baby.
I think you'll find it was the Bird and Baby.

But of course, my apologies! :laugh:
Original post by Paracosm
I can read droppings,

I would keep this to yourself by the way.
I would keep this to yourself by the way.

This is what they told me when I graduated too.
I was once on the top floor of the headquarters building of a well-known 'three letter' agency around here. The room i was in was a conference room, and was unusual in that it had 'floor to ceiling' windows on the outside wall. Inside the room were a series of tables with legs only, which we were sitting at. The tables were arranged in a line, with our backs to the windows, with small spaces between the tables. A top secret briefing was being presented on a projection screen at one end of the room. As i sat there, i became aware of a pigeon standing behind me (outside the glass), that was staring at the screen to my right. The pigeon had a clear view of the screen because of the gap between the table (that i was seated at the end of), and the next table (which had someone seated at the left end of).

The pigeon stood and stared at the screen whilst 8 or 10 slides were presented (and discussed). It was quite quiet on the 7th floor level (the building is in the woods - no traffic noise), and an amplifier was being used by the briefer - so that the briefing was probably audible outside the glass. The pigeon was only about a foot from the glass on the outside. My 'neighbour' at the next table noticed me looking around, and also turned to look at the pigeon. He observed it watching for 4 or 5 slides (at about one to two minutes per slide). At this time, the briefer's arm (which was holding a pointer, which he was using to point out things on each slide) apparently became tired, so he switched arms, and moved over to the other side of the screen. Now, he was blocking the pigeons view of most of the screen. Immediately, the pigeon turned around in a circle, and moved to the other side of an aluminum collumn that supported the two sheets of glass that made up the outside wall. Now, the pigeon obviously again had an unobstructed view of the entire screen. My neighbour asked me: "Did you see THAT"??? i replied that i had. After about 15 more slides, the briefing concluded. The projector was turned off, and the room lights put up. At this point, the pigeon turned around, walked over to the edge of the roof, jumped off and flew away. My neighbour and i watched it go. At this point, he said: "we should report this"!!! I said: "ok, you call security & tell them that a pigeon was watching our TS briefing". Do you know what they are going to say?????

I SWEAR i did NOT make this up. It occurred exactly as i have reported it. Any thoughts???
droppings.jpg

Looks like one of them is a smoker. Ask it if it's got a light you can borrow.
Let it in, it'll be carrying a message....
Original post by Pachuco
Looks like one of them is a smoker. Ask it if it's got a light you can borrow.

Can't, we're in a 'no-smoking' building!!

Quick Reply

Latest