The Student Room Group

Graduate lost. What to do for work??

Hi,

Recent Sports therapy graduate lost and not knowing what to do.

Struggling to commit to work after trying a cold calling sales role in London trying to sell hospitality to CEO’s which was an absolute nightmare.

Tried recruitment in Brighton which became too stressful learning about IT (information technology) being a sports student didn’t fit the bill.

So about me.
I love sports, playing, coaching etc. Being outdoors exploring and teaching others.
I don’t mind working behind a desk for work but cold calling isn’t at all fun and completely drains me.
I play the drums and enjoy listening and finding new music pretty much every day.

I completely flunked my degree and not sure if Sports therapy is the way i want to go career wise.

If anyone else has or is going through a similar stage at the moment get in touch.

I’m a highly motivated and enthusiastic person however jumping from job to job and working a job i hate completely broke me.

Aaron
Perhaps look for an apprentiship in something you do want to do?
Original post by Decahedron
Perhaps look for an apprentiship in something you do want to do?

I live in a fairly small town and most apprenticeship that suit me are 3 hour commute each day.
Original post by Goacheraaron
I live in a fairly small town and most apprenticeship that suit me are 3 hour commute each day.

You don’t seem to have a willingness to improve your situation. You are a graduate of a revered discipline, establish your skills, a CV, apply endlessly for opportunities paid and unpaid. Experience is key.
You most likely won't get anywhere with experience, so apprenticeships, internships etc are the way to go for the time being. Ever thought about moving? Or doing a PGDE since you seem to like teaching?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by mediclyfe
You most likely won't get anywhere with experience, so apprenticeships, internships etc are the way to go for the time being. Ever thought about moving? Or doing a PGDE since you seem to like teaching?

Not looking king into teaching, however I definitely want to move closer to more opportunities (Brighton, London) however the cost of living etc is more than I can afford to pick up and move at the moment.
Original post by Goacheraaron
Not looking king into teaching, however I definitely want to move closer to more opportunities (Brighton, London) however the cost of living etc is more than I can afford to pick up and move at the moment.

Think about it systematically, your an expert in sport, exercise and diet sciences - all three are appreciable sectors, branch out all the career options and get applying!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending