How would you make friends with British students? Watch

GWdata
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi all
I'm working on a project to help the integration of foreign students (particularly Asian and Chinese) when they come to study at a UK university.
If you're an international student -how did you make friends with British students?
If you're a native British student - how would you recommend that international students get out of their own cliques and befriend you?
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
G
Decahedron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Cuppa tea and a biscuit is the start to any good relationship.
Crow_M
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not sticking with their own race would be good too. From what I've seen, Asian and Chinese students (Chinese specially) talk more with other Chinese people instead of foreigners. As long as they're open-minded and happy to talk with others they'll be fine
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
old_dude
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
Cuppa tea and a biscuit is the start to any good relationship.
I would say binge drinking instead of tea. *English style*
Decahedron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by old_dude)
I would say binge drinking instead of tea. *English style*
A pint and some pork scratching is certainly another way.
backfloss1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GWdata)
Hi all
I'm working on a project to help the integration of foreign students (particularly Asian and Chinese) when they come to study at a UK university.
If you're an international student -how did you make friends with British students?
If you're a native British student - how would you recommend that international students get out of their own cliques and befriend you?
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
G
in my halls there was a couple of international students.i am native British these are things that most of the Asian and foreign students diddn't do
We spent a lot of time sitting outside our rooms talking just say hello introduce yourself and join in the conversations,and ask questions when you move in so you will get added to fb groups.Take part in freshers week its where i made a couple of my friends. in lectures don't sit with your clique sit next to someone and say hello especially in the first couple of weeks.
________
A little bit of personal experience that might be interesting for foreign students to know about the law and protecting there personal belongings
insure your items not everyone has designer clothes i phones and can afford to shop at mns some student loans (like mine) don't cover rent.
if you and somebody elese accidentally hit each other and you drop your (brand new) i phone You are responsable for costs reparing it and don't grab ther person who you bumped into that is assault.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (44)
12.12%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
10.74%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.03%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.48%
No (260)
71.63%

Watched Threads