Would you vote for my party? Watch

ap.ferro
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Drewski)
And that's where you should stop.

If you don't know much, you go and educate yourself. You don't then try and invent policy. Because you'll always - always - **** it up.
Military expertise is not my field, but politics is, and military revolves around politics.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ap.ferro)
Military expertise is not my field, but politics is, and military revolves around politics.
This thread has proven that that the first statement is true, but your second one is false.
ap.ferro
Rep:
?
This thread has proven that that the first statement is true, but your second one is false.
You can deny it all you like but it's more obvious than ever that my second statement is true today. Who decides where the army gets sent?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You can deny it all you like but it's more obvious than ever that my second statement is true today. Who decides where the army gets sent?
Why do you only talk about the Army? Do you know that two other branches of the armed forces exist?

Can you tell me which of the current deployments you'd cancel?
ap.ferro
Rep:
?
Why do you only talk about the Army? Do you know that two other branches of the armed forces exist?

Can you tell me which of the current deployments you'd cancel?
I would cancel all humanitarian missions whether they be in Africa or Yemen. I would pull troops out of Syria. I would pull them out of every deployment in fact.

My government would re-evaluate the purpose of the armed forces as purely a defensive force. I would pursue a policy of noninterventionism.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In not sure if any if you are aware but opposing the monarch in the UK is a crime. It is illegal to form any political action to bring it down.

The very existence of the Royals symbolises every thing that wrong with society, its nepotism and elitism in its most purest and sinister form. If you did try to actively campaign for the abolishment of the Royal family you would more than likely end up with lead boots and have a nice tour of our waterways.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I applaud you for speaking out about what you believe to be correct, dispite the put downs in this thread you're not the problem. It's the millions whom won't speak out which are!
ap.ferro
Rep:
?
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
I applaud you for speaking out about what you believe to be correct, dispite the put downs in this thread you're not the problem. It's the millions whom won't speak out which are!
It's tyranny, pure and simple, and the fact most people can't see it and are alluded to the fact that some how a royal family makes us strong is stupid. The only countries that have royal families are mostly tiny countries in europe that have no real power. £370 MILLION spent on refurbishing buckingham palace. Hopefully one day the people will see sense and we will have the people storm Buckinhgham palace like the Russians stormed the Winter Palace in 1917. Until then, I support siezing some of their property and introducing a Royal Tax. (right now they pay the same tax as those earning over £150k)
james.clk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Party name: Workers Union / Worker's Union Party (WUP)

Slogan: Unite and Conquer

Political orientation: Leftwing

Other political beliefs: Socially conservative, antifacist, antiracism, Euroscecptic, Pro Brexit,

Party Manifesto: - Hold a referendum on NI staying in the UK - Increase minimum wage to £12 -

Scrap current prison system and
replace it with a "work camp" style system. Low risk prisoners and some medium risk prisoners will take on work in factories or on farms where there are not enough workers for free. They will sleep outside in tents. Old prisons will be sold off and turned into social housing

- Scrap Trident. if fail to get support, hold a referendum

- Forge closer economic ties with Russia

- Quit NATO

- Have a programme to enroll students over 16 who fail to get grades to enlist them into the army

- Reduce salary of MP's to £65,000. Money saved will be spent on NHS

- Nationalise trains
- Nationalise buses - Nationalise utility (gas electricity etc)

- Tax people who earn over £100,000 by 30%

- Seize unnecessary royal property (furniture etc) and sell it. Spend it on NHS and education

- Cut PM pay to £95,000

- Encourage economic investment by introducing low taxes for British businesses that want to compete with international businesses

- Cut arms supply to Saudi Arabia - Ban the new construction of private property

- Cut tax that goes towards monarchy. Currently it is 69p - cut it to 30p pp, remaining 39p can be spent on mental health care

- Hold a referendum on Britain becoming a Republic - Establish an English Parliament

- Conduct a national enquiry into rape gangs in Britain

- Limit net migration for unskilled workers to 100 per year

- End mass surveillance on the public

- Give asylum to Julian Assange

- Ban changing your gender until 21

- Make bullying in schools a criminal offense

- Conduct a national enquiry into children's suicides

- Ban the construction of high rise buildings

- Legalise marijuana and tax it

- Change the Justice system - minimum 25 years for murder, u16s to be put in prison for offenses such as possession of illegal substances and possession of knives as well as ASB

I would raise money for these changes by: ending trident Spending less on the army Spending less on the monarchy (and siezing their unnecessary goods) Spending less on prisons (by introducing my new system) MPs salaries cut PM salary cut
I’d defo vote, terminating trident could also fund free education and a wider armed policing strategy across criminal hot spots.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
£370 MILLION spent on refurbishing buckingham palace. Hopefully one day the people will see sense and we will have the people storm Buckinhgham palace like the Russians stormed the Winter Palace in 1917. Until then, I support siezing some of their property and introducing a Royal Tax. (right now they pay the same tax as those earning over £150k)
1. The money spent on it comes from the Sovereign Grant, which is money effectively returned to the Crown by the government from the money contributed by the Crown Estate. It isn't coming out of your pocket.
2. Whether you storm it or not, Buckingham Palace will still need money to bring it up to scratch. Of course if you take it, that money now comes out of your pocket.
3. Seizing someone's property is theft and is a crime. Perhaps you feel they don't deserve all that property - maybe it is true, maybe it isn't, but it doesn't matter as it is illegal. The same law that stops you from taking things from the Royal Family stops me from coming to your house and taking all your stuff. Surely you aren't suggesting one rule for some and another rule for others? That would seem to go against your arguements.
4. You really seem very ill informed. If you want to rant about something, read up on it first.
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's tyranny, pure and simple, and the fact most people can't see it and are alluded to the fact that some how a royal family makes us strong is stupid. The only countries that have royal families are mostly tiny countries in europe that have no real power. £370 MILLION spent on refurbishing buckingham palace. Hopefully one day the people will see sense and we will have the people storm Buckinhgham palace like the Russians stormed the Winter Palace in 1917. Until then, I support siezing some of their property and introducing a Royal Tax. (right now they pay the same tax as those earning over £150k)
Learn what the crown estate is
ap.ferro
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Talon)
1. The money spent on it comes from the Sovereign Grant, which is money effectively returned to the Crown by the government from the money contributed by the Crown Estate. It isn't coming out of your pocket.
2. Whether you storm it or not, Buckingham Palace will still need money to bring it up to scratch. Of course if you take it, that money now comes out of your pocket.
3. Seizing someone's property is theft and is a crime. Perhaps you feel they don't deserve all that property - maybe it is true, maybe it isn't, but it doesn't matter as it is illegal. The same law that stops you from taking things from the Royal Family stops me from coming to your house and taking all your stuff. Surely you aren't suggesting one rule for some and another rule for others? That would seem to go against your arguements.
4. You really seem very ill informed. If you want to rant about something, read up on it first.
I would make it into law under the Royal Asset Auction act which would allow the government to sieze some royal property and sell it. And don't say MP's might not back it. I would use emergency powers to use it.

The Royals property technically belong to the taxpayer as we contribute 69p per person towards it.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would make it into law under the Royal Asset Auction act which would allow the government to sieze some royal property and sell it. And don't say MP's might not back it. I would use emergency powers to use it.

The Royals property technically belong to the taxpayer as we contribute 69p per person towards it.
And like I said learn what the crown estate is. You don’t pay 69p or even 1p they pay YOU.
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

That isn't how the Crown Estate works old chum. It isn't the Queen's private property and isn't a "Royal asset". Besides, I'll wager HM pays more "tax" than you do. I say "tax" as she technically doesn't have to pay income tax but she voluntarily pays in the equivalent.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Talon)
That isn't how the Crown Estate works old chum. It isn't the Queen's private property and isn't a "Royal asset". Besides, I'll wager HM pays more "tax" than you do. I say "tax" as she technically doesn't have to pay income tax but she voluntarily pays in the equivalent.
The crown estate pays 85% tax the royals get the rest in the form of a grant
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%