history or geography Watch

osayed
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
im currently choosing my options for gcse and i want to choose either history or geography but which one is easier?
caitlinhayes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
personally i found history easier but it really depends on how you find both subjects now - do what you enjoy the most and hopefully the grades will match your enjoyment
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sugarmango
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
geography 10000% , was easier personally and more enjoyable
victoriu
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
History is harder but more enjoyable
osayed
Rep:
?
(Original post by caitlinhayes)
personally i found history easier but it really depends on how you find both subjects now - do what you enjoy the most and hopefully the grades will match your enjoyment
the problem is i find geography easier but history more interesting
Callum3726
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by osayed)
im currently choosing my options for gcse and i want to choose either history or geography but which one is easier?
History is a lot harder but a lot more fun!
victoriu
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do what you enjoy, everything is hard now with the new GCSEs but if you enjoy it is more bearable.I did history at GCSE and managed to get a 9, just work hard.
caitlinhayes
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was the same, I was working at top level in geography in year 9 and found it really dull whereas in history I was completely average but found it really enjoyable, I took history gcse and got an A* bc I liked it and wanted to revise it??? I feel as if I took geography I would of maybe got a B and definitely wouldn’t have enjoyed it as much and would have been less keen to revise it
osayed
Rep:
?
(Original post by victoriu)
Do what you enjoy, everything is hard now with the new GCSEs but if you enjoy it is more bearable.I did history at GCSE and managed to get a 9, just work hard.
ok, what did u use to get before though like in year 8 and 9?
blackvoid17
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
In my experience, people generally find geography easier and less content heavy. I personally loved geography and I'm taking it at a level. But go with what you enjoy most (or you could do both)
osayed
Rep:
?
(Original post by caitlinhayes)
I was the same, I was working at top level in geography in year 9 and found it really dull whereas in history I was completely average but found it really enjoyable, I took history gcse and got an A* bc I liked it and wanted to revise it??? I feel as if I took geography I would of maybe got a B and definitely wouldn’t have enjoyed it as much and would have been less keen to revise it
but what was your level in english because i think that my main problem in history is because of my writing skills
TortoiseSheldon
  • TSR Group Staff
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Definitely do the subject that you enjoy more, it will make studying for it far easier and it can also influence your choices for subjects later, such as choosing your A-levels. I have just completed a masters in history and even though it was incredibly hard at times i thoroughly enjoyed it and have not regretted doing what I enjoy at any point.
osayed
Rep:
?
ok, thanks to evryone hopefully i won't regret what i choose
caitlinhayes
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
but what was your level in english because i think that my main problem in history is because of my writing skills
For my GCSE’s I got a 6 in English Language 9 in Literature but I was never any good throughout high school and got 3/4 during the mocks, hard work got the grades
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
Its subjective and down to personal preference. How have you scored in the last 2 years?
Which one interests you?
Go for the one you enjoy the most.
Anthos
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
History needs you to write longer answers to questions, like mini essays, and you need to remember more information. Geography is quite information heavy too, though not as much as History, but it does have some long answer questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Material Futures Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Feb '19
  • University of Brighton
    Health and clinical practice + health professions + hospitality, tourism and events + journalism + sport and exercise Postgraduate
    Tue, 26 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (88)
14.52%
Yes - a food allergy (63)
10.4%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.48%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.64%
No (424)
69.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed