I don't have any friends and I needed to rant Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I don't really have any friends at the moment. Or at least it feels that way.
I started sixth form this year - I was best friends with like 4 people and close friends with a couple of others.
The 4 ditched me and I was replaced but I still had the others right? Haha nope. All they do is take photos of me and laugh about them but god if I did the same to them - all hell would break loose.
A close relative died about a week ago and no one has even asked me how I am - except my business teacher, shes great lol. All the others talk about what they are doing at the weekend with one another and I'm not invited to any of it. You'll probably ask do you even speak to these people outside of college? Well not really but when I did they wouldnt respond until hours later. One day I just thought to test the waters but not texting them and low and behold, they don't even bother with me anymore.
I know these people are toxic but I don't have anyone else. I don't know what to do and I hate all of this.
Danny R
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Explore new activities and clubs. Invest the time and energy you spend on those guys and invest it in other more positive things.

-clubs/hobbies
-gym classes
-workmates
-family
-church

There are endless opportuntiies for expanding yoru social circle, the thing is, most people dont want to spend the time and energy and soemtimes money into regularly attending those social events, that gradually lea dto new friends.

It is also possible that your friends arent even aware of how hurt you are. Have you tried telling them that they are bothering you. Be honest with them, you have nothing to lose. But if they do not respect you, it is time to find real friends. Good luck.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know these people are toxic but I don't have anyone else. I don't know what to do and I hate all of this.
Don't waste your time.. i'm sure your a smart person, and a-level is not a time to really bother about this stuff, just focus on your work for now- friends come and go, you'll be sure to find some great ones
duskyskyblue
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i sort of get it, and i feel like u should yeet them as far form you as you can and start talking to people that youve never considered before, like theres more people than your 4 horrible friends in your year also start a club or something, like start talking to people around your age and if you get along, get their number or ask to hang out with them sometime
Lilligant22
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sorry to hear that this is happening to you. This is really a horrible experience. I imagine you mourn the fact that you are somewhat lonely rather than not being friends with them anymore, but you are better off without these people. You know this, though.

The only advice I can give you is that, eventually, time will heal your wounds and you will find better people, just as you found your friends. It's the sort of thing that just happens.

If you ever want anyone to talk to, though, you're more than welcome to drop me a PM.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (229)
59.95%
No (153)
40.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed