Moving out from my parents house Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So basically I want to move out from my mum’s house to go to university in another city, however I don’t think my mum will like the idea of me moving out because I really want to leave, I want to become more responsible and get more freedom, I live only with my mum and my little sister and my mum is quite strict and I’m the only always looking after my sister she’s 5.

So any options or advice on how to approach her with this topic, what should I said... help!
I need to start looking for accommodation as well so I need to tell her ASAP
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So basically I want to move out from my mum’s house to go to university in another city, however I don’t think my mum will like the idea of me moving out because I really want to leave, I want to become more responsible and get more freedom, I live only with my mum and my little sister and my mum is quite strict and I’m the only always looking after my sister she’s 5.

So any options or advice on how to approach her with this topic, what should I said... help!
I need to start looking for accommodation as well so I need to tell her ASAP
Has she asked/ does she know where you are going to uni? If its another city then by defaukt unless commuting it will mean you are leaving home. Does she supprt you and uni? She must realise you wnat a future? You shouldnt let her keep you tied to home of you wnat to go elsehwere and there are no other extreme factors.

Why not use uni accommodaion for first year? You dont really have to confirm that till after the student finance application and you have booked your place.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Has she asked/ does she know where you are going to uni? If its another city then by defaukt unless commuting it will mean you are leaving home. Does she supprt you and uni? She must realise you wnat a future? You shouldnt let her keep you tied to home of you wnat to go elsehwere and there are no other extreme factors.

Why not use uni accommodaion for first year? You dont really have to confirm that till after the student finance application and you have booked your place.
Basically she wants me to go to this uni in my city, however I have other unconditional offers which would be safer to go to and I really want to move ou, and I told her that and she said that I could commute from uni back to my house everyday (2hours long) which makes no sense. Yes she supports me with uni and that, she said I could also save a lot of money by staying at home and I understand, we just don’t really have a healthy relationship and I’m tired of arguing with her every single day.

If I talk to her I need point to back up, because she’ll talk about how I can save more, which is true and what do I say about that?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.38%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.47%
No, but I want to start (272)
37.36%
No, I am unable to (173)
23.76%
No, I chose not to (204)
28.02%