This discussion is closed.
Saracen's Fez
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
VM523 – Goose Step Motion 2019, mr T 999, Connor27 MP
This house calls on the Government to update the UK military march to the goose step march and to be performed in unison. The goose step is intended to convey the impression that the soldier is made of iron. The feet are slammed down in unison creating an impressive crash and a sharp line of legs. It suggests that these soldiers are immaculately disciplined and feel no pain.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No and these jokes really shouldn't be going to division imo
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No; I have nothing agaisnt joke bills (no matter how petty) being sent to the House but for the love of God don't send them to division.
TheRadishPrince
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
At this rate we might have to look at an amendment to help prevent joke bills entering division somehow. To have 2 enter division on the same day tells me we have a bit of an issue somewhere (not to mention other joke bills entering division this term of course). Unsure if I'd support this idea or if there are already systems in place, just putting it out there in case the rate of this doesn't slow down soon and if nothing is/has been done.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheRadishPrince)
At this rate we might have to look at an amendment to help prevent joke bills entering division somehow. To have 2 enter division on the same day tells me we have a bit of an issue somewhere (not to mention other joke bills entering division this term of course). Unsure if I'd support this idea or if there are already systems in place, just putting it out there in case the rate of this doesn't slow down soon and if nothing is/has been done.
An amendment will be written shortly
TheRadishPrince
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
An amendment will be written shortly
Will you be working on it?
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheRadishPrince)
The speaker can already choose not to allow them to go to division, nobody would be bothered if he did so.

In this instance though, how do you define this as a joke rather than an actual idea.
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Another nay from me, nothing provided to back up why this change should be enacted.
CatusStarbright
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As if this went to Division, though we know why.

It's a nay, in case that wasn't clear.
Saracen's Fez
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
One No has been removed due to a double vote in seat 15 (4InchMeatSkid for TeeEff).

One No has been removed due to a double vote in seat 44 (Aph for Bluestar511).
Saracen's Fez
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
The Ayes to the right: 3
The Noes to the left: 38
Abstentions: 5

The Noes have it! The Noes have it! Unlock!

Turnout: 93.88%
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.65%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.41%
No, but I want to start (265)
37.59%
No, I am unable to (167)
23.69%
No, I chose not to (195)
27.66%