The Student Room Group

Course closed for UK applicants = no clearing?

I plan to get into uni through clearing (ik risky) because my predicted grades were really bad. I am interested in Pyschology at Bath but on the webiste it says, "This course is closed to applications from Home (UK) and EU students for September 2019 entry. We are still accepting applications from overseas students."
Does this mean they wont be offering it in clearing or is this temporary until people decline offers/dont get it etc?
Original post by heididdo
I plan to get into uni through clearing (ik risky) because my predicted grades were really bad. I am interested in Pyschology at Bath but on the webiste it says, "This course is closed to applications from Home (UK) and EU students for September 2019 entry. We are still accepting applications from overseas students."
Does this mean they wont be offering it in clearing or is this temporary until people decline offers/dont get it etc?

It means you can't apply at the moment, you cant make any assumptions about clearing.
And if you have weak grades then dont rely on somewhere like Bath for Psychology - its one of the top courses in the country and it wont be in Clearing - they wont need to relax their grade requirements to fill the course.

You are far more likely to be accepted by a 'points' Uni - but no-one will know what courses will be in Clearing until A levels results day. Lots of info about how Clearing works here : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/clearing/introduction-to-clearing

And no, this isnt 'temporary' closure - 14 Jan is the UK/EU deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending