Maths Watch

habeexah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So i want to study medicine in university but I've heard that many look at your GCSE grades. I am okay in all of my subjects (grades 6-7) except maths because i am doing foundation tier and universities require a grade 6 which is impossible if your are doing foundation paper since you can only get a 5. Can anyone give me advice, i am really worried and this thought keeps putting me down.

p.s. I go to a private school and there are only 17 students in year 11 which makes it harder for the school to get high percentages since each student is worth around 7%.
If anyone an help by giving advice it would be highly appreciated.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In a small private school they are clearly able to look carefully at the ability of each student and enter them for the appropriate tier of exams to deliver the best outcome. They should also be in a position to give extra help to an individual student who has the aptitude for success at higher tier. Have you discussed your plans and concerns with your teachers? If you remain at a private school for A levels, they should be able to provide you with the support you need to take gcse maths again at higher tier alongside A levels.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
mqb2766
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by habeexah)
So i want to study medicine in university but I've heard that many look at your GCSE grades. I am okay in all of my subjects (grades 6-7) except maths because i am doing foundation tier and universities require a grade 6 which is impossible if your are doing foundation paper since you can only get a 5. Can anyone give me advice, i am really worried and this thought keeps putting me down.

p.s. I go to a private school and there are only 17 students in year 11 which makes it harder for the school to get high percentages since each student is worth around 7%.
If anyone an help by giving advice it would be highly appreciated.
You must have done your mocks recently? What mark / grade did you get?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (66)
8.04%
I used to but I don't now (23)
2.8%