Was it too late to start revising? Watch

snortWorms4fun
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I need to get my grades in Economics, Business, Computer Science (C, C, D respectively) to A, A, B to get into my university of choice. Is it still actually a possibility to reach this? I only started revising a week ago, although I have been consistent.

Sorry if I put this in the wrong section, I couldn't figure out where else to put it. . .
username4457450
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Better to do some revising than not at all
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by snortWorms4fun)
I need to get my grades in Economics, Business, Computer Science (C, C, D respectively) to A, A, B to get into my university of choice. Is it still actually a possibility to reach this? I only started revising a week ago, although I have been consistent.

Sorry if I put this in the wrong section, I couldn't figure out where else to put it. . .
Yes, it's possible.

But at the end of the day, none of us have crystal balls to give you a guaranteed answer. You just need to try your best.
loralai
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your doing economics at A level?
I got my E in AS level, to an A in econ ( i retook my 1st year exams)
i remember revising for 2 weeks for ECON1, and then a max of 4 days each for the rest of them - literally - had very little knowledge during the year
Having said that i did have all my notes made and ready for me to remember and more importantly, practice
So you defo have enough time to get your grades up It's all in your method of revision! quality>quantity
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's never too late. At this stage you have a few months, and with plenty of work you can achieve anything you want to. Good luck .
Fathima Buddy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Go to this link.Follow it .Im sure if u follow it you will achieve your goal......
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...dy-effectively...
Tell me your opinion....I think it will help you 😊
JackMac2904
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Very much possible. I managed to go from predictions of BBCU to A*A*A*C in less time last year. Get your goals in mind, figure out what you need to do to achieve these goals, formulate a plan, execute the plan.

Out of those subjects, I only took Computer Science, how is your coursework? That can take a lot of strain of the exam if it's done well.
Alexty28
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I managed to go from an E to an A between January and April, so yeah don't give up.
snortWorms4fun
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JackMac2904)
Very much possible. I managed to go from predictions of BBCU to A*A*A*C in less time last year. Get your goals in mind, figure out what you need to do to achieve these goals, formulate a plan, execute the plan.

Out of those subjects, I only took Computer Science, how is your coursework? That can take a lot of strain of the exam if it's done well.
It could be better, but I'm thinking of getting a personal tutor to see if they can give me a hand to tell me where I can improve and how. In my first year, our teacher didn't really know how to teach A-Level computer science and didn't know the programming language we were learning (Python). He was sacked but we effectively lost a year, hence the D grade. :/

Also nice job with your results Thanks for your advice
Last edited by snortWorms4fun; 3 weeks ago
snortWorms4fun
Rep:
?
(Original post by Azfa Jiffry)
Go to this link.Follow it .Im sure if u follow it you will achieve your goal......
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...dy-effectively...
Tell me your opinion....I think it will help you 😊
Some of this will help me, there are good tips here. Thank you
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
ABSOLUTELY enough time by all measures - get your head down and dont ask this question in April - best of luck
Deliciate
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
more than enough time, go go go

theres legit no point deliberating about it, time only moves forwards it wont move back just bc youre contemplating
Emma1999_
Badges: 11
Report 3 weeks ago
Course you can and don't put so much pressure on yourself to actually get them grades . Revise and just see what you get what's more important is your mental health. Hope everything goes okay
Piiii
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Personally, I would be revising from Septemer, but if you had started a week ago, that is fine, but you need to under stand you will have to be consistent or else all this revision you had done is going to be a waste to the run up of the exam. Good luck in the exam!
snortWorms4fun
Rep:
?
Thanks for the support guys I'll keep working hard
ltsmith
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
no lol.

a hypothetical:

say you revise 4 hours a day.

4 hours * 30 days * 4 months = 480 hours

480 hours is more than enough to get straight As.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.29%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.06%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
4.84%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.45%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed