Can't concentrate or absorb anything? Watch

sam4858
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm constantly just in my own headspace, any conversations i have or any new information i learn just goes straight in and out, i don't remember any of it an none of it has any significance, even if its important. In the moment i just can't concentrate and if someone's having a conversation with me, i won't remember barely anything that was said, it's really annoying, until. bed time!!!
As soon as i try to get any sleep, everything and every conversation from the day, or past few days, or even week, come back to me, and i go over them and analyse what i said or didn't say for hours. It's really annoying and i feel as though i have no control over my mind, i can't think consciously.
Has anyone else struggled with something similar?? if so, what the heck do you do?
RandomTennisfan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I also struggle with this, any important information in uni lectures etc I struggle to retain, and often what people say to me only registers later in bed at night! I’d say try not to think about it too much and if something is important jot it down. Not really much else I can suggest tbh
RandomTennisfan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I forgot to mention it could be because of stress, anxiety etc so if it is one of those things try and worry a little less, hope that helps.
nabilahhh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
MEE every single time. It’s literally on repeat for the whole day until I forget about it. I regret doing this and saying that and then just feel embarrassed ahh
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by nabilahhh; 4 weeks ago
umnia2002
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Honestly same, and as you probably know its a pain in the ass most of the time. Especially when I am really tired and all I want to do is sleep but my mind just can't slow down.
Or when I am trying to study and all I can think about it stupid nonsense!
Ugh any advice?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (94)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (67)
10.58%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.53%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.53%
No (440)
69.51%

Watched Threads