The Student Room Group

Drama School

I'm going to be applying to various drama schools and acting courses at uni soon (2020 entry). I was wondering if anyone else doing the same would like to chat? Maybe calm some nerves etc. Or if anyone who is currently on an Acting BA course would like to give some advice, that'd be amazing.

I honestly just made this because I'm really nervous. None of my friends or family are theatre people so I'm feeling super alone in the process.
hey :smile: as you can tell from my username I'm also a theatre kid! I'm applying for mt tho but my strength is acting (singing and dance came after iyswim) but I have a love for dance and singing too! I am applying for some post 16 courses this year but most likely will continue with a levels until I apply again in y13... I have a couple mt auditions tho and was needing help with monologues any suggestions? :smile:) ps also have kinda the same issue with the family... I've always loved drama and dance etc but saying I wanted to try for drama school kinda came out the blue for them! so at the moment we are just rolling with it and seeing where it takes me :smile:)
Ahhh thanks so much for replying! I knew I couldn't be the only one out there. I completely understand the whole admitting to your parents that you want to do acting/musical theatre. My entire family is very science based so they're very out of their depth when it comes to applying to drama school (they're not that supportive either which is great). As far a monologues, I'm afraid I can't be of much help. I've been searching for the past 3 or so months but still haven't found the right contemporary one for me. Do have a look at Backstage.com though; they have a good monologue finder :smile:
Original post by ImScaredLetsChat
I'm going to be applying to various drama schools and acting courses at uni soon (2020 entry). I was wondering if anyone else doing the same would like to chat? Maybe calm some nerves etc. Or if anyone who is currently on an Acting BA course would like to give some advice, that'd be amazing.

I honestly just made this because I'm really nervous. None of my friends or family are theatre people so I'm feeling super alone in the process.

Hey! I applied for a BA in Drama at the uni of manchester.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending