The Student Room Group

University prospects with BTEC in applied science

Hello everyone

I am currently doing a BTEC Level 3 extended diploma in applied science. I am hoping to achieve at least a DDD at the end of the two years.

My question is can I do business or Business/marketing or law in university with the BTEC that I am currently undertaking. I ask this question because after doing research I have found that some universities (especially Russel group) state that they want a DDD in a ''relevant subject''.

If anyone has done the BTEC Level 3 in applied science and went on to a Russel group uni to study a non-science based degree it would be much appreciated if you tell me about it.

thanks in advance
Original post by AAsmrc
Hello everyone

I am currently doing a BTEC Level 3 extended diploma in applied science. I am hoping to achieve at least a DDD at the end of the two years.

My question is can I do business or Business/marketing or law in university with the BTEC that I am currently undertaking. I ask this question because after doing research I have found that some universities (especially Russel group) state that they want a DDD in a ''relevant subject''.

If anyone has done the BTEC Level 3 in applied science and went on to a Russel group uni to study a non-science based degree it would be much appreciated if you tell me about it.

thanks in advance

I just think you have to pick 10-15 unis and where the entrance requirements are a bit ambiguous, then contact and get clarification from admissions.

Law courses will not care umo, unless you can link me one which says relevant subject?
Just talk to them and find out what a relevant subject is. I can imagine, but they all have their own policy. It depends on the uni. the lower down the food chain then i expect the less stringent they will be.

Sometimes you are required to do research because the information isnt conveniently available.

Quick Reply