The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

First Day

So tomorrow/today will be my first ever lesson that I’m attending since being enrolled at university. I’m super nervous. I would’ve started attending in semester but I was dealing with family issues and now it’s semester 2, I want a clean slate and to actually start turning up to lectures. I feel like I’m going to stick out like a sore thumb as everyone would’ve already made friends and I’ll just be that girl in a corner.

Can anyone offer any worded of wisdom?
Reply 1
It’ll be fine I promise, if anything it wouldn’t surprise me if people come up to you wanting to be friends!

Good luck x
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Make sure to be in the right room. I’ve seen a few people have to walk out 5 mins in because it’s the wrong lecture.
Original post by Cobalt_
It’ll be fine I promise, if anything it wouldn’t surprise me if people come up to you wanting to be friends!

Good luck x

I hope so. But if you see a girl walking round Walsall campus with no one, that’ll probably be me 😅 so please come say hi! x
Reply 4
Original post by Blank Canvas.
I hope so. But if you see a girl walking round Walsall campus with no one, that’ll probably be me 😅 so please come say hi! x

No clue what Walsall campus is haha sorry! X
Original post by Bio 7
Make sure to be in the right room. I’ve seen a few people have to walk out 5 mins in because it’s the wrong lecture.

Oh good Lord, I never thought of that. I don’t even know where I’m going 😂😂 I pray that that’s not me. I know the room number I’ll just hafta ask security or someone for directions...imagine if someone gives me the wrong directions...I feel like I’m about to go back to secondary school
Reply 6
Oh good Lord, I never thought of that. I don’t even know where I’m going 😂😂 I pray that that’s not me. I know the room number I’ll just hafta ask security or someone for directions...imagine if someone gives me the wrong directions...I feel like I’m about to go back to secondary school

I had to ask directions to my first lecture last year. Once I got in I found out someone I had known for about 14 years was also in my course so we became friends again. We had to ask directions for a couple of other places as well, so don’t be embarrassed if you also have to, as out 2 brains still wasn’t enough sometimes.

Quick Reply

Latest