any universities that accept 3rd (Hons) for pgce? Watch

steuar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I saw a similar post a few years ago but wanted an update. Does anyone know a university that will accept a pgce application with a third class honours degree?
Thanks
samiontheroad
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This may sound harsh, but check the UK Uni ranking and look at the entry requirements of the Unis that were ranked the lowest. They probably have the lowest entry requirements as well
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ATinyRevolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by samiontheroad)
This may sound harsh, but check the UK Uni ranking and look at the entry requirements of the Unis that were ranked the lowest. They probably have the lowest entry requirements as well
Not necessarily. Places that might not typically be regarded as the highest - Bath Spa for example - still require a 2:1 for example as they’re well regarded for teacher training.

I’ve never seen a uni ask for a Third so it’s worth contacting them directly. If you’re hoping to do an in-demand subject like Physics they might be more flexible - but, as far as I know, bursaries are only provided to those with a 2:2 or higher. Primary is probably the most competitive subject.
Muserock
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I went to a teaster session at one university and they would only accept a 3rd if the person did an MA in Education first. is this something that you have thought about?
marple
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by steuar)
Hi,
I saw a similar post a few years ago but wanted an update. Does anyone know a university that will accept a pgce application with a third class honours degree?
Thanks
University of Wolverhampton does not specify a minimum degree class - might be worth contacting them

https://www.wlv.ac.uk/about-us/our-s...secondary-faq/
Dalightfool
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
People are on the course with 2.2s but haven't heard of any 3rds - two people came in through clearing but they have a 2.1 and a 2.2.

They will ask you why you received a 3rd, and how you expect to cope with workload, etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (97)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (71)
10.87%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.45%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (18)
2.76%
No (451)
69.07%

Watched Threads