Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2019 Watch

eureka01
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Patrick Quaye)
Yeah I’m a Ghanaian 🇬🇭
eureka whatsapp with Cranfield University?
My twin sister got a bad news yesterday from Cranfield regarding her request to be considered for CSSS

(Original post by eureka01)
Exactly. All the schools that gave me admission either demanded for WAEC or asked for proof that you were taught in English. I have both and didn't think I would have issues meeting the English language conditions.
That's a shame though. Bristol used to be my first choice.. Pity.

On other news, so you're a Nigerian. That makes three of us now. I think Patrick is Ghanian, from the name. Might be wrong though. Cheers.
My brother, tell your sister that makes two of us. Strangely, I expected it. I have a second class upper and I hadn't re-edited my development essay then.

Is she a first class candidate like you?
Patrick Quaye
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah
So sad 😭
She feels it’s unfair but I’m sure it’s an issue with her development impact statement (country benefits)

My brother, tell your sister that makes two of us. Strangely, I expected it. I have a second class upper and I hadn't re-edited my development essay then.

Is she a first class candidate like you?
Last edited by Patrick Quaye; 4 weeks ago
eureka01
Rep:
?
Yeah
Odd. I guess the number and quality of applications increased after the first selection then. Might be wrong though. Tell her to be strong. She'll be in the UK for the Welcoming Party in August this year and the three of us will sit round one table and laugh hard at the hard-to-get attitude of these scholarship selection people.. Lol.

Last edited by eureka01; 4 weeks ago
Patrick Quaye
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Odd. I guess the number and quality of applications increased after the first selection then. Might be wrong though. Tell her to be strong. She'll be in the UK for the Welcoming Party in August this year and the three of us will sit round one table and laugh hard at the hard-to-get attitude of these scholarship selection people.. Lol.

I’m broken hearted💔💔💔but this got me😹😹😹😹😹😹😹we shall surely sit together and laugh hard at them🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
Nas25
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Exactly. All the schools that gave me admission either demanded for WAEC or asked for proof that you were taught in English. I have both and didn't think I would have issues meeting the English language conditions.
That's a shame though. Bristol used to be my first choice.. Pity.

On other news, so you're a Nigerian. That makes three of us now. I think Patrick is Ghanian, from the name. Might be wrong though. Cheers.
Lol, I'm actually Gambian, but I guess I'm a honorary Nigerian by virtue of my close friendship with a number of Nigerians living in The Gambia.
Nas25
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why is it that I can’t post images here.
I’d wanted to post the content of the message from Cranfield Uni to my twin sister regarding her request here
It's really strange Cranfield did their selection process in reverse; applying for the scholarship before applying for admission. However keep faith brother, the Lord will do a good thing in our lives.
Patrick Quaye
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nas25)
It's really strange Cranfield did their selection process in reverse; applying for the scholarship before applying for admission. However keep faith brother, the Lord will do a good thing in our lives.
It’s only to select a few to put in an application to the university and through the CSC EAS Portal.
It’s not all of the nominated applicants that will go through anyway.
But my hopes are alive
I will go through in Jesus name
Amen🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
eureka01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nas25)
Lol, I'm actually Gambian, but I guess I'm a honorary Nigerian by virtue of my close friendship with a number of Nigerians living in The Gambia
Oh, my bad then. I forgot that The Gambia also takes the WAEC exams.
(Original post by Nas25)
Yes my brother. He will.
Patrick Quaye
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My fear is not nomination. I believe I’ll get nominations.
The programmes I’ve applied for is totally distant from my first degree but that is the area I want to build a career in...
eureka01
Rep:
?
My fear is not nomination. I believe I’ll get nominations.
The programmes I’ve applied for is totally distant from my first degree but that is the area I want to build a career in...
That usually happens but I hope you gave strong reasons for the career change. Those guys might wrongly suspect you applied for the course because it's eligible for the scholarship.
So, try and give strong reasons for the career change and highlight possible ways you have demonstrated that you're are fit to take on the new challenge.
Patrick Quaye
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That usually happens but I hope you gave strong reasons for the career change. Those guys might wrongly suspect you applied for the course because it's eligible for the scholarship.
So, try and give strong reasons for the career change and highlight possible ways you have demonstrated that you're are fit to take on the new challenge.
That I did. That was how I was able to secure a nomination from Cranfield University

My fear to be precise is how technical the programme is and how I’ll be able to cope well with studies not nomination...
When I read the courses outline, of the programme, it scares me. Too technical but I’ve been able to secure lots of admission on the same or similar programmes
Nas25
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Congrats on being nominated Patrick, you have passed the first stage. May I ask what courses you applied for and what was your first degree in.
eureka01
Rep:
?
Exactly Patrick. What was your first degree course and what is this new course?
Patrick Quaye
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Exactly Patrick. What was your first degree course and what is this new course?
My first degree is Business oriented but read it cos my parents wanted me to...
Myself I was a science student in High School and had so much interest in climate change, sustainability, sanitation, energy, water and waste water management
Last edited by Patrick Quaye; 4 weeks ago
Nas25
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My first degree is Business oriented but read it cos my parents wanted me to...
Myself I was a science student in High School and had so much interest in climate change, sustainability, sanitation, energy, water and waste water management
That's not bad, Cranfield are offering courses like Environmental Management for Business MSc for the CSSS, which I believe you would seamlessly fit into given your business background.
Patrick Quaye
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nas25)
That's not bad, Cranfield are offering courses like Environmental Management for Business MSc for the CSSS, which I believe you would seamlessly fit into given your business background.
Have you seen the content of the course modules?
It’s killer!😹😹😹😹

It’s more of management of the environment in a business context (i.e production industries) especially in the context of a company environmental management system and ISO14001 auditing. There are modules like Evaluating Sustainability which takes a lifecycle approach to evaluating all the environmental emissions. This is the coolest module among all the modules...hmm and the rest are sick!
Nas25
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lol, don't worry bro, I have no doubt you're brilliant enough to sail through it, your first class proves it beyond all reasonable doubt.
eureka01
Rep:
?
Do you have a first class too, Nas25?
Nas25
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't know, degrees are not classed in my country, only GPAs..i scored a 3.6 on a 4.3 scale...so I don't know what class that is. On the CSSS portal, the only option I can choose is unclassified as the other options like 1 or 2:1, distinction or Magna *** laude don't apply to me. I'm not sure if that will reduce my chances but it seems to be the only option available.
Last edited by Nas25; 4 weeks ago
Patrick Quaye
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nas25)
I don't know, degrees are not classed in my country, only GPAs..i scored a 3.6 on a 4.3 scale...so I don't know what class that is. On the CSSS portal, the only option I can choose is unclassified as the other options like 1 or 2:1, distinction or Magna *** laude don't apply to me. I'm not sure if that will reduce my chances but it seems to be the only option available.
Hello Nas25,

It won’t reduce your chances. Every university has its internal classification of GPAs and CWAs
So what the school will do will be to liken your transcript to their scheme and give you a classification.
You can find out this from the admissions Department of the Universities you’ve applied to study.
So what do they write on your degree certificate?
your graduating average?
Suprising
Suprising anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads