Great guide.
thank you brother
Thanks Patrick. Humbled.
Nas25
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
lol , I don't know what you sound like bro/sis....
eureka01
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nas25)
Lol. ...
Nas25
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The name eureka reminds me of the famous Nigerian actress Eucharia Anunobi, so I was surprised Patrick called you brother..
eureka01
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nas25)
The name eureka reminds me of the famous Nigerian actress Eucharia Anunobi, so I was surprised Patrick called you brother..
Hmmm...you're really a honorary Nigerian.
Patrick Quaye
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by eureka01)
Thanks Patrick. Humbled.
😹😹😹😹😹😹

Eureka so please tell us
Are you a woman or a man?
(Original post by Nas25)
Patrick Quaye
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lol. ...
😹😹😹😹
Olasosweet
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Patrick Quaye)
In September/October I believe we’ll all meet in UK 🇬🇧 that is when we will see how rewarding it is all the night we spent crafting, writing and editing our essays...
Olasosweet, Nas25 and Eureka01 “OUR LABOUR WILL NEVER BE IN VAIN THUS SAYETH THE LORD”
Amen 🙏 thank you Patrick
Olasosweet
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you brother. Indeed, it won't be in vain. We are all going to be successful. The lines shall fall unto us in pleasant places. He shall make the crooked way straight. It is so.

One thing I want to add is, while you're outlining skills that the course will expose you to, understand that most masters programmes are very vast and this is where most applicants miss it. They claim they are interested in EVERY or MOST skills that are available to learn. Realistically, that's not possible. There should be a specific thing, called your study interest, that tickles you. This should be the fulcrum of your application.
Another mistake is some applicants think masters study is PhD study and they craft an essay that attempts to SOLVE an issue in their country, like inventing something or adding substantial knowledge to the academia. While this may be possible, it's not really feasible. A masters is what it is literally -mastering something; be it a skill, technology or concept. You're not expected to invent or bring about new knowledge, especially in a taught masters programme. So please let your essay be guided on this. It's okay to put further study as your long term plan if you'll need it. But don't think the selection panel will be impressed in your aspiration to use ice to produce electricity for your country.
Lastly, the THEMES. We might tend to overlook it but please remember that your essay should be crafted around it. The outcomes of your study should be in alignment with the chosen theme of the scholarship. If need be, read the theme description again to get more ideas.
Cheers guys...and girl.
Wise words. Very helpful
pistis
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am applying to Southampton, Birmingham city and university of Birmingham. Birmingham city just gave me an unconditional offer. This is my third time applying for CSS. I am a Nigerian
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
pistis
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Southampton is requesting for a letter from my employer in order to waive my English proficiency but I do not have it as I only work as a Tutorial assistant for my department.
Patrick Quaye
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pistis)
I am applying to Southampton, Birmingham city and university of Birmingham. Birmingham city just gave me an unconditional offer. This is my third time applying for CSS. I am a Nigerian
Hello Pestis,

You’re welcome...
We’re like family here. Feel free and bring on board anything regarding your CSSS application and we’ll be glad to support
Patrick Quaye
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Southampton is requesting for a letter from my employer in order to waive my English proficiency but I do not have it as I only work as a Tutorial assistant for my department.
Talk to your department head to address a letter to Southampton attesting to your proficiency in English
pistis
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
okay
Nas25
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Welcome Pistis, what courses did you apply for...
Last edited by Nas25; 4 weeks ago
Olasosweet
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Welcome pistis, glad to have you here. I also applied to Birmingham city but I haven’t heard from them☹️. When did you apply and What courses did you apply for?
Judy90
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello girls and guys. I'm from Nigeria and this is my second time applying for CSS. I have been following the conversations right from the beginning but I just got to sign up now. To Olasosweet, Patrick and eureka01, thanks for the tips on crafting a good impact statement. To Nas25, I will advise you apply to more schools/courses to increase your chances. May our efforts lead to success. Cheers!
Nas25
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Judy90)
Hello girls and guys. I'm from Nigeria and this is my second time applying for CSS. I have been following the conversations right from the beginning but I just got to sign up now. To Olasosweet, Patrick and eureka01, thanks for the tips on crafting a good impact statement. To Nas25, I will advise you apply to more schools/courses to increase your chances. May our efforts lead to success. Cheers!
Welcome Judy90, what courses and universities did you apply for and how are you finding the application process so far....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads