Psychology (Child) Bcs Watch

TD2109
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I want to study Child psychology course and I'm currently considerate Bournemouth University, Roehampton University, London South Bank University. My predicted BTEC grade for health and social care is DMM. There is some question I want to ask related to those 3 universities:
Which uni has better psychology course?
Which uni that more likely to get a job after finish 3 years psychology course?
Bursary and scholarship offer?
Accommodation (prices, environment, people in university, etc)?
Career advisor in the university, it is helpful?
University of Roehampton (Official)
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TD2109)
I want to study Child psychology course and I'm currently considerate Bournemouth University, Roehampton University, London South Bank University. My predicted BTEC grade for health and social care is DMM. There is some question I want to ask related to those 3 universities:
Hello TD2109

Here's what we know about our psychology course, and why we think it's great:

- It's accredited by the British Psychological Society
- If you graduate with a 2.2 or above, you'll get Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership of the BPS, the first step in becoming a chartered psychologist
- We have a variety of scholarships available, which you can get more info about here
- Our on-campus accommodation is award-winning, and caters to a variety of different budgets (more info here)
- We have an incredible careers team, who can help with everything from CVs to our Jobs Fair
- You'll have access to our online careers resources, including our own mentoring and networking platform

We have plenty more to say, so let us know if you need any further guidance!
BU Students
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TD2109)
Hi, was it a child psychology course at Bournemouth you were looking at as from running a search on our website I have only been able to locate BSc (hons) Psychology: https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/...ons-psychology

I would however take a look at the units offered at each university and see which ones suit your interests the most (ours are listed year by year on the link above).

I'm not sure about the other universities you've mentioned but 91% of graduates from our psychology course are either employed or in further education six months after graduating (these figures don't include those travelling or who may have started a family etc). The course is accredited by: British Psychological Society.

We have various scholarships available, typically students with good grades will get an academic excellence scholarship which is £1,000 split over nine months: https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/...scholarship-uk We also have scholarships for sports, music and other areas including a subject specific £10,000 scholarship: https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/...hip-psychology

You can take a 360 degree virtual tour of our accomodation and get an idea of prices and facilities available for this years starters here: https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/why-bu...ember-starters

Finally, the careers advice is amazing, you can book onto workshops (CV writing, interview skills etc), we have careers fairs all the time which can help with part time work, volunteering or finding a placement, the 1-2-1 support is great too along with the careers portal which lists lots of jobs. BU is renowned for our quality placements with many students going on to work for their placement provider after graduation. You will also receive 3 years of career support (if you want it), after graduation: https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/studen...-employability

Sorry for so many links, I really suggest you take the time to look around what I posted and find the same at the other universities.

I would also recommend attending an open day where you can view the facilities, speak with academic staff, take a campus and accomodation tour and just get to see the area.

If you have any other general questions please let me know, otherwise you can direct specific enquiries to [email protected]

I hope this helps.

Vicki
Last edited by BU Students; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.68%
No (216)
94.32%

Watched Threads