Graduate entry Dnipro Watch

uni2019
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Am in for grad entry too. still have not received my acceptance letter yet. am getting worried about it
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SAK2113
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A bit concerned about ifom exam? Is it implemented or still in discussions to be stopped? As I heard it can be difficult to pass the exam with Ukrainian mode of teaching which is not up to date to prepare for such exam
(Original post by this-unnie)
Cool, how many of us are there for Oct 2019? Also, are the majority of us on the grad medicine course?
Ace_star
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
they told me not to book the ticket until they say so. 3 months have passed but yet I just booked it anyways. they are carless and would not rely on everything they say. they said don't worry we will sort it last minute but with me I booked my ticket on 23rd which will give me ample time on viewing and choosing best place for me. I tried contacting Ukrainian property agents via email and they ignored me. so am just gonna go to the local community and see if anyone can sort it out privately as its a lot cheaper
uni2019
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've eventually summoned courage and booked my flights tickets for the 23rd as well even though my invitation has not arrived. can I ask all of you that has received their invitation, did you have to go to Ukraine Embassy for your student visa
username1946133
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I personally contacted Medlink and phoned them to properly discuss the next steps. Acceptance letters have been sent out in the post/are in the process of being sent out. Then we have to go to London to sort out our student visas for Ukraine. From then on they give us info about moving dates etc
Ace_star
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by uni2019)
I've eventually summoned courage and booked my flights tickets for the 23rd as well even though my invitation has not arrived. can I ask all of you that has received their invitation, did you have to go to Ukraine Embassy for your student visa
its guaranteed entry lol unless your an alien ;-)

we gt automatic visa for x amount if days then when we get there we can apply for one
Ade_Priest
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The student visa to Ukraine seem to be very expensive. Have you applied for student visa yet?
(Original post by Ace_star)
its guaranteed entry lol unless your an alien ;-)

we gt automatic visa for x amount if days then when we get there we can apply for one
Ace_star
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
another cost and I thought it was included in the package
SAK2113
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, once you will be at Dnipro, share your experience. I got graduate entry in Donetsk university without any agency. Yet you can get entry in 3rd year. While at Dnipro its possible to start from 4th year. I would like to compare, specially when it comes to take an additional exam ifom.
another cost and I thought it was included in the package
this-unnie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SAK2113)
A bit concerned about ifom exam? Is it implemented or still in discussions to be stopped? As I heard it can be difficult to pass the exam with Ukrainian mode of teaching which is not up to date to prepare for such exam
Tbh I don't anything about the exams we'll be taking. As mentioned previously, this will just be another hurdle we'll have to face on our way to become a Dr. Don't worry it about it now, when the time comes we'll get to worrying about exams then. Though I still do hope they are reasonable enough to remove one of the other exams if they expect us to take any newly introduced exams and adjust the syllabus to match it 🤞
Ade_Priest
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Really? Didn't know you could get graduate entry apart from Dnipro. Will check Donetsk uni out.
SAK2113
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are other universities in Ukraine that can make such arrangements. Yet sometimes u have to talk someone studying there to make arrangement for you. While for Donetsk I did it myself and they offered 3rd year entry. The university is well established. The only thing which I want to consider again is taking entry into 3rd year or 4th year. If someone from Dnipro can tell about pace and quality of 4th year entry at Dnipro ??
(Original post by Ade_Priest)
Really? Didn't know you could get graduate entry apart from Dnipro. Will check Donetsk uni out.
Ace_star
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SAK2113)
Hi, once you will be at Dnipro, share your experience. I got graduate entry in Donetsk university without any agency. Yet you can get entry in 3rd year. While at Dnipro its possible to start from 4th year. I would like to compare, specially when it comes to take an additional exam ifom.
WTH I might do the same. how much is it
SAK2113
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t think there huge difference if we compare the cost. I’m concerned about quality of curriculum and teaching. As we don’t just pass exams but we have to do practice in future. Donetsk charge in dollars, so with accommodation they charge 5500 $ / year
WTH I might do the same. how much is it
Ace_star
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yea I've just had a look its decently priced. I was told by another Agency that there's not many British ppl there so it will be a bit of a struggle but then again they could be chatting it. no one really knows we all taking all the precautions we can.
SAK2113
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Starting in 3rd year one has to pay 10300$ then 5500$ with accommodation. I guess that university is certainly better than Dnipro Med institute if someone starts from 3rd year. I talked with them to get me In from 4th year but got rejected.
yea I've just had a look its decently priced. I was told by another Agency that there's not many British ppl there so it will be a bit of a struggle but then again they could be chatting it. no one really knows we all taking all the precautions we can.
Ace_star
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
have u tried to see if Dnipro will allow u. worth a shot. Dnipro offered me 3rd year entry into dentistry what jokers without a degree in science haha. so they quoted me £9000 3rd, £3000 for the 4,5 without accommodation just fees only. instead I chose 2nd year entry at £7500 thereafter £3000
Last edited by Ace_star; 1 month ago
SAK2113
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Actually I contacted Dnipro state medical academy first and asked for graduate entry, so they referred me to Donetsk. I know Dnipro med institute is different from Dnipro state med academy. Dnipro med institute is private, so they can offer you anything which suits them.
have u tried to see if Dnipro will allow u. worth a shot. Dnipro offered me 3rd year entry into dentistry what jokers without a degree in science haha. so they quoted me £9000 3rd, £3000 for the 4,5 without accommodation just fees only. instead I chose 2nd year entry at £7500 thereafter £3000
Ace_star
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you can do a year at Dnipro then transfer that way you are doing less years. BTW Dnipro state and institute are same thing but like you said the institute was created for us. they are 2.4 km away from each other
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Hi all,
please look into other agencies as well because medlink is a rip off. You guys will be paying more than double for the same service and less than other agencies.They claim to be the only UK representatives, which is a lie!! there are others who do the same. I'm not going to say which agencies but all im going to say is do proper research !!!! i am currently a student at Dnipro and medlink has upset a lot of students in ukraine due to the bad service and the high cost compare to a meagre amount of UK students who did not use the same agency. Do not trust what they say. If you can get into contact with a medlink student that's in dnipro, preferably not the one that medlink tells you because obviously they are going to lie! last year when i joined medlink actually made people cry do to how they were treating students who were miles away from home... also, medlink is actually a middleman agency and get commission from the agency in ukraine when they give students.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.48%
Excited (156)
9.1%
Worried (306)
17.84%
Terrified (381)
22.22%
Meh (170)
9.91%
Confused (37)
2.16%
Putting on a brave face (237)
13.82%
Impatient (214)
12.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise