The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Applied medical sciences course at Swansea university

Hi everyone,

I've applied for the applied medical sciences course at Swansea University and was wondering if anybody else has applied or studies this course? I couldn't find many reviews about this course on TSR and nothing much on a general google search but, any reviews, good or bad things about the uni as well would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I’ve applied too😃
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by MelaMarie
I’ve applied too😃

That's great! Have you recieved an offer yet? I've got mine :smile: which other universities have you applied to? So glad to find someone else who has applied for this course @MelaMarie x
Original post by science_geeks
That's great! Have you recieved an offer yet? I've got mine :smile: which other universities have you applied to? So glad to find someone else who has applied for this course @MelaMarie x

Yes, I’ve got my offer! So excited, I’m just waiting for my last offer before I firm Applied Medical Science. I like how well rounded the course seems. I also applied to Cardiff and USW but withdrew when I had my offer from Swansea x
Yes, I’ve got my offer! So excited, I’m just waiting for my last offer before I firm Applied Medical Science. I like how well rounded the course seems. I also applied to Cardiff and USW but withdrew when I had my offer from Swansea x

That's great! I like the diverse range of topics that you get to learn - there's so much variety! I applied to Cardiff too, I'm quite tempted to firm Swansea but I'm just waiting for 2 more uinversity replies so I go ahead and do it :smile: x
That's great! I like the diverse range of topics that you get to learn - there's so much variety! I applied to Cardiff too, I'm quite tempted to firm Swansea but I'm just waiting for 2 more uinversity replies so I go ahead and do it :smile: x

So we could be together😃 it would be nice to know someone before we start. I’m so excited. I’m hoping to do GEM after it so I like the diversity you get with the course than other courses x
So we could be together😃 it would be nice to know someone before we start. I’m so excited. I’m hoping to do GEM after it so I like the diversity you get with the course than other courses x

Potentially! It would be great to know somebody, but I'm not 100% sure yet if I'd firm them because I haven't been to open day so, I'd deffo like to get a feel of the city, students, lecturers. Have you been to an open day? :smile: x
Potentially! It would be great to know somebody, but I'm not 100% sure yet if I'd firm them because I haven't been to open day so, I'd deffo like to get a feel of the city, students, lecturers. Have you been to an open day? :smile: x

Yes!! I preferred Swansea to Cardiff. I felt like I didn’t fit in at Cardiff and I didn’t like how the the buildings are spread out opposed to Swansea Campus. USW is lovely and was my 1st choice but I feel as if Swansea will give me better opportunities so they are my firm. I’ve also applied to Medical Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, but I think Applied Medical Science is my number one. Just waiting for the next Open Day before I firm which course x
Yes!! I preferred Swansea to Cardiff. I felt like I didn’t fit in at Cardiff and I didn’t like how the the buildings are spread out opposed to Swansea Campus. USW is lovely and was my 1st choice but I feel as if Swansea will give me better opportunities so they are my firm. I’ve also applied to Medical Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, but I think Applied Medical Science is my number one. Just waiting for the next Open Day before I firm which course x

Ahh, I see. I liked the feel of Cardiff slightly more (having said that I haven't yet been to an open day at Swansea yet) plus, the lecturers just seem really friendly and honest - I'm sure Swansea lecturers will be the same but, we just have to wait for the open day. Ah okay, I only considered applied medical sciences I didn't really look at any other courses within the uni if I'm honest x
Ahh, I see. I liked the feel of Cardiff slightly more (having said that I haven't yet been to an open day at Swansea yet) plus, the lecturers just seem really friendly and honest - I'm sure Swansea lecturers will be the same but, we just have to wait for the open day. Ah okay, I only considered applied medical sciences I didn't really look at any other courses within the uni if I'm honest x

Good luck with everything!! It’s all beginning to feel real now😃x
Good luck with everything!! It’s all beginning to feel real now😃x

Completely! Couldn't agree more - Good luck to you too!! :smile: x
Completely! Couldn't agree more - Good luck to you too!! :smile: x

Thank you!!😃x
Hey, what did you firm after?😃x
Hey, what did you firm after?😃x

Hey! I firmed Bristol, what did you firm? Hope your exams went well :smile: x
Hey! I firmed Bristol, what did you firm? Hope your exams went well :smile: x

I did end up firming Swansea. What are you studying at Bristol? I think I did okay, just nervous for results day now 😣 I hope your exams went well too x
(edited 4 years ago)
I did end up firming Swansea. What are you studying at Bristol? I think I did okay, just nervous for results day now 😣 I hope your exams went well too x

That's cool, to be honest it was really hard deciding what to firm I think Swansea really did look great but I suppose there was just something about Bristol and the city that I really liked. I'm planning to study pharmacology, are you still intending on studying applied med Sci at Swansea? I know the feeling! Thank you, just crossing fingers that everything goes positively now :smile: x
That's cool, to be honest it was really hard deciding what to firm I think Swansea really did look great but I suppose there was just something about Bristol and the city that I really liked. I'm planning to study pharmacology, are you still intending on studying applied med Sci at Swansea? I know the feeling! Thank you, just crossing fingers that everything goes positively now :smile: x

Yes still Applied Med Sci!! Fingers crossed😃x
I know this is 3 years late but haha, but did you end up going to Swansea in the end? I’m thinking of doing applied medical science there too. How did you find it and are you doing GEM? :smile:
Original post by helpwwithskl
I know this is 3 years late but haha, but did you end up going to Swansea in the end? I’m thinking of doing applied medical science there too. How did you find it and are you doing GEM? :smile:

Hi, hope you're well. Did you decide to apply here ? I have, but just wandering if you know any information on the process after ? Do we get called in for interviews etc ? x
Original post by heena220
Hi, hope you're well. Did you decide to apply here ? I have, but just wandering if you know any information on the process after ? Do we get called in for interviews etc ? x

Hey! I applied to AMS and I received an offer from them as well.
There aren't any interviews for the course:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest