If I study in the UK can I apply to the Disney college program? Watch

Chelsea1307
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am english and study in the UK. I want to apply for the Disney college program, but I saw this on the website. Am I eligible for the program?

Attention international students:
To be eligible for this program, you must be currently enrolled in a college/university in the United States and possess unrestricted US work authorization
LeapingLucy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No - you're not eligible. It's not like that information is unclear...
mr_carrot
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Chelsea1307)
I am english and study in the UK. I want to apply for the Disney college program, but I saw this on the website. Am I eligible for the program?

Attention international students:
To be eligible for this program, you must be currently enrolled in a college/university in the United States and possess unrestricted US work authorization
No you can't - as that says, you need to be enrolled in a college/university in the United States, and you need unrestricted US work authorisation which you don't have.

There are international programmes available, including the Cultural Exchange Programme (a summer placement, open to university students in their second year or above) and the Cultural Representative Programme (a year-long work placement, open to anyone). More details are available on the Yummy Jobs website, who manage recruitment for Disney in the UK.

https://www.yummyjobs.com/work/disne...xchangeprogram

https://www.yummyjobs.com/work/disne...ntativeprogram
Last edited by mr_carrot; 3 weeks ago
Chelsea1307
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
No - you're not eligible. It's not like that information is unclear...
Alright there's no need to be rude, I was making sure.
LeapingLucy
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Making sure that "I study in the UK" and "you must be currently enrolled in a college/university in the United States" mean different things? Seriously?
yotsr123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
making sure of what??
You're in the UK. They said you need to be in the UNITED STATES.
lmaoo
Chelsea1307
Rep:
?
Making sure that "I study in the UK" and "you must be currently enrolled in a college/university in the United States" mean different things? Seriously?
Yeah making sure, because I know people studying in the UK who have done a exchange program for Disney.
Chelsea1307
Rep:
?
(Original post by .harry.)
No you can't - as that says, you need to be enrolled in a college/university in the United States, and you need unrestricted US work authorisation which you don't have.

There are international programmes available, including the Cultural Exchange Programme (a summer placement, open to university students in their second year or above) and the Cultural Representative Programme (a year-long work placement, open to anyone). More details are available on the Yummy Jobs website, who manage recruitment for Disney in the UK.

https://www.yummyjobs.com/work/disne...xchangeprogram

https://www.yummyjobs.com/work/disne...ntativeprogram
Thanks you! I will look into the Cultural Representative Programme.
mr_carrot
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah making sure, because I know people studying in the UK who have done a exchange program for Disney.
That isn't the College Program. That is the Cultural Exchange Program (open to UK university students in second year or above only). UK recruitment for that is organised by Yummy Jobs on Disney's behalf (link in my post)
Chelsea1307
Rep:
?
(Original post by .harry.)
That isn't the College Program. That is the Cultural Exchange Program (open to UK university students in second year or above only). UK recruitment for that is organised by Yummy Jobs on Disney's behalf (link in my post)
Thank you, I saw that one after I appiled for the college program.
Chelsea1307
Rep:
?
(Original post by yotsr123)
making sure of what??
You're in the UK. They said you need to be in the UNITED STATES.
lmaoo
I mean it let me apply to the college program with my English college and I said I was from england.
Chelsea1307
Rep:
?
The college program also has my college in the UK listed as an option to choose.
LeapingLucy
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The college program also has my college in the UK listed as an option to choose.
What is your college called? Is it possible there's a college with the same name in the US?

Or did you perhaps apply to the cultural exchange thinking you were applying to the college programme?

Given that you don't have authorisation to work in the United States there's no way you'd be able to apply for the college programme.
Last edited by LeapingLucy; 3 weeks ago
mr_carrot
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You might be talking about the Academic Exchange Program, which has a very limited range of UK partner universities. This is similar to the US College Program (see details on the Yummy Jobs website)
  • University of Brighton
  • University of Chester
  • University of Central Lancashire
  • University of Derby (Buxton Campus)
  • Leeds Beckett University
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
  • Northumbria University
  • University of Portsmouth
  • Robert Gordon University
  • Sheffield Hallam University
  • NHTV University of Applied Sciences Breda, The Netherlands
  • Fontys Academy, Tilburg, The Netherlands
  • St Clair College, Canada

There is no way you would be able to apply for the college program without a permanent US address and proof of your right to work.
Chelsea1307
Rep:
?
What is your college called? Is it possible there's a college with the same name in the US?

Or did you perhaps apply to the cultural exchange thinking you were applying to the college programme?

Given that you don't have authorisation to work in the United States there's no way you'd be able to apply for the college programme.
It was definitely the college program. And it had my county and college listed. Which is why I was confsued when it let me apply then I saw that message.
MQE99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nope
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (238)
59.65%
No (161)
40.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed