Help Im way too shy Watch

applesauce1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I only have one friend at college but I've always been super shy and find making friends really difficult. When we get put into small groups I'm fine but when it comes to talking to anyone one on one or in a large group then I really struggle. I need some help on how to be less shy so I can make friends with the others on my course. Another problem I have which is very similar to this is that most days I get to college early because of bus times and so does one other person and so we have about 20 mins before college evryday where it's just us. We usually ignore each other and just go on our phones until others turn up but she's super outgoing with everyone else and I wish I could talk to her but have a major crush on her which just makes me even shyer around her and when she's talked to me before I just seem to loose words completely which really sucks because I would love to at least be friends with her if nothing more.
chelseagirl2002
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by applesauce1)
I only have one friend at college but I've always been super shy and find making friends really difficult. When we get put into small groups I'm fine but when it comes to talking to anyone one on one or in a large group then I really struggle. I need some help on how to be less shy so I can make friends with the others on my course. Another problem I have which is very similar to this is that most days I get to college early because of bus times and so does one other person and so we have about 20 mins before college evryday where it's just us. We usually ignore each other and just go on our phones until others turn up but she's super outgoing with everyone else and I wish I could talk to her but have a major crush on her which just makes me even shyer around her and when she's talked to me before I just seem to loose words completely which really sucks because I would love to at least be friends with her if nothing more.
I'm quite shy, but not as much as I used to. The reason to why I was soo shy was because I felt like everyone was judging everything I do. I had to eliminate this fear somehow by not caring about what people think of me and do what I feel is right. If someone doesn't approve of who I am, they are a waste of time associating with. It's all about being you and putting yourself out there. There isn't one simple way of doing it. It's a work in progress. And good luck
applesauce1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by chelseagirl2002)
I'm quite shy, but not as much as I used to. The reason to why I was soo shy was because I felt like everyone was judging everything I do. I had to eliminate this fear somehow by not caring about what people think of me and do what I feel is right. If someone doesn't approve of who I am, they are a waste of time associating with. It's all about being you and putting yourself out there. There isn't one simple way of doing it. It's a work in progress. And good luck
Thanks, I would totally love to do this but honestly I'm still figuring out who I am and so I don't really know how to just be me, I don't know if that makes any sense, and I don't really care if people don't like me, if they don't then they're not worth bothering with but I'm still shy even though I know everyone on my course is lovely and accepting and I really don't know why
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (145)
58.7%
No (102)
41.3%

Watched Threads