Recorded violent crime up by 19% in England and Wales

Watch
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Of course and Theresa May is trying to play it dow, any of you have fears walking out and about these days? Any solutions to solve these problems with rising violent crime?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46984559
Last edited by username47781; 1 year ago
Woksin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Of course and Theresa May is trying to play it dow, any of you have fears walking out and about these days? Any solutions to solve these problems with rising violent crime?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46984559
Boris Johnson had crime in London at a record low. Sadiq Khan has totally reversed that, crime in London is now rampant. Nothing to do with the current government, it’s whoever has been elected as the local authority.
Guru Jason
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Woksin)
Boris Johnson had crime in London at a record low. Sadiq Khan has totally reversed that, crime in London is now rampant. Nothing to do with the current government, it’s whoever has been elected as the local authority.
The Tories have drastically cut the budget of the police. What can Khan do without that money? They need more money to put more bodies on the street but the Tories are too tight.
Woksin
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Guru Jason)
The Tories have drastically cut the budget of the police. What can Khan do without that money? They need more money to put more bodies on the street but the Tories are too tight.
Because Londoners pay for Police through their own council taxes and such. If you live outside London, you don’t pay for anything inside (bar a few exceptions). That rate it set by Sadiq Khan’s government. He has control over Police numbers and responses.

Besides violent crime in London is not related to Police, these are individuals that have been let down by Khan and go out to commit crime.
Last edited by Woksin; 1 year ago
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A properly funded police force is obviously a great way to reduce crime. Reducing poverty is another great way to reduce crime.

Unfortunatly our Government isn't keen on doing either so it won't be reduced.
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
A properly funded police force is obviously a great way to reduce crime. Reducing poverty is another great way to reduce crime.

Lowest unemployment rate in quite a while, the government are clearly keen on both, we need even stricter laws and harsher punishments
Last edited by AperfectBalance; 1 year ago
Woksin
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

With what money? We’re already in a multi billion pound deficit.
Guru Jason
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because Londoners pay for Police through their own council taxes and such. If you live outside London, you don’t pay for anything inside (bar a few exceptions). That rate it set by Sadiq Khan’s government. He has control over Police numbers and responses.

Besides violent crime in London is not related to Police, these are individuals that have been let down by Khan and go out to commit crime.
Tax is paid to the government who decide how much councils get to spend. If Khan isn't spending much on policing, it's because the Tories are cutting the budget. A quick Google search show that there are 20k less police now than there was in 2010 and the Tories have been in power most of that time. This is purely down to the austerity measure the Tories brought in.
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
Lowest unemployment rate in quite a while, the government are clearly keen on both, we need even stricter laws and harsher punishments
If the Government was keen on improving the police's budget they wouldn't have cut them. The issue is that laws aren't being enforced because the police don't have the resources to investigate.

With what money? We’re already in a multi billion pound deficit.
They managed to find a £1 billion to send to the DUP out of nowhere, I'm sure they can find something for the police.
Woksin
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They managed to find a £1 billion to send to the DUP out of nowhere, I'm sure they can find something for the police.
So that’s your reasoning? F*ck the future generations that will suffer. Wow. Disheartening to hear people like you.
Woksin
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Guru Jason)
Tax is paid to the government who decide how much councils get to spend. If Khan isn't spending much on policing, it's because the Tories are cutting the budget. A quick Google search show that there are 20k less police now than there was in 2010 and the Tories have been in power most of that time. This is purely down to the austerity measure the Tories brought in.
Blah blah blah, all the young Jeremy Corbyn huggers. It is ridiculous. Please do some economics and realise why we have austerity, because past labour governments spent like no tomorrow.
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So that’s your reasoning? F*ck the future generations that will suffer. Wow. Disheartening to hear people like you.
We are already suffering due to cuts to nearly every public service.

1 in 4 children in the UK live in poverty, that is the future generation suffering.
Woksin
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We are already suffering due to cuts to nearly every public service.

1 in 4 children in the UK live in poverty, that is the future generation suffering.
Oh dear. WHY ARE THERE CUTS? What led the Conservatives to make these cuts? Please tell me you understand this economy.
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Khan only cares for ethnic minorities.
Woksin
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by random_matt)
Khan only cares for ethnic minorities.
Preach 🙌
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh dear. WHY ARE THERE CUTS? What led the Conservatives to make these cuts? Please tell me you understand this economy.
By not funding vital services it actually costs the economy more in productivity loss.
Woksin
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
By not funding vital services it actually costs the economy more in productivity loss.
No, no. Answer my question. Why has the conservative government made cuts to services? Why would they do that. Please answer that question.
Johnny English
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you quadrupled the police the number of offences would not alter . The detection rate would improve though .
If you really wanted to address the crime rate or violent crime then more drastic action would have to be taken and I'm not sure if the mass removal of a certain type of citizens would be allowed . The Pc brigade would have heart attacks ....
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, no. Answer my question. Why has the conservative government made cuts to services? Why would they do that. Please answer that question.
A misguided attempt at reducing the deficit.
Woksin
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A misguided attempt at reducing the deficit.
There. At long last. You understand don’t you, that the deficit is so big BECAUSE OF the past labour governments? You do realise that don’t you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (572)
34.35%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (684)
41.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
20.06%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.5%

Watched Threads