The Student Room Group

GCSE Taking two humanities. Good idea?

Hi so I’m thinking of doing 2 humanities for my GCSEs. I would like to pick RS and History or RS and geography but I don’t know if that would be too much work and stress. I want to pick triple science, health and social and then the two humanities. Would that be way too much stress and work though?
Okay so honestly, as someone who did their GCSEs last year, your options don't really matter that much. GCSEs are generally pretty even in terms of how much work they require but it depends on the person. My best advice is to choose the things you enjoy the most and are best at but really which GCSEs you do aren't that important in the long run.
If history is your passion then sure but there is soooooo much to remember now without course work and mainly dates but I take both and it’s just like any two options really x
Reply 3
I took three humanities. Geography, History and RS. It wasn't that hard, considering History and RS I found pretty easy anyway. I'm in Year 12 now and ended up getting 997 - H,RS,Geography was my 7. Take whatever you like, GCSEs aren't too overpowering anyway. Sometimes it was stressful having three essays to do for homework but it's good practice anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest