How to revise effectively for English lit paper 2 (lord of the flies and poetry)

Watch
IMD16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Right basically, I have gotten my GCSE mock results back and I think I did ok. I did amazing in maths and French surprised me but i wanted a bit higher in the sciences. (Especially physics).

My mock results:
Maths:7
English language:5
English literature:5+
Biology:5
chemistry:5
physics:5
Geography:6
French:6
Pe GCSE:6
Graphic communication:4+

I have got my english literature paper 2 mock (lord of the flies and power and conflict poetry) on monday morning and i was wondering if there is anyone out there who could help me with ways to revise for this. (Past year 11 students please help aswell)
Thanks lol
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
flashcards were my go to for quotes and poetry especially- try getting into the habit of linking the poems together so you can compare them easily whether that be essay plans or something else.
if you google lord of the flies litchart pdf you should be able to find some really useful sheets to help you with the text. make sure you're confident with all the characters, themes and context- if you are, try doing some mini essay plans in response to exam questions so you can start getting familiar with the thought process during the exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads