My teacher is being weird with me...

Watch
Cat—meow100
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So basically I’m new to this school and I’ve began in year 10 , so I’m 15. My teacher takes a favour to all his students but in the past few weeks he’s been really nice and nice in a really weird way...like I was about to get in big trouble and he protected me and sorted it out for me as I’m really upset. Like and he usually say hi to me in lessons and not really speak to me but now he’s speaking to me loads. I don’t know what to do because he’s married. But a lot of my friends are observing this situation and keeps saying something weird is going on their and my best friend keeps asking “is their something going on between you and ...” I need help because I think I really like this teacher in a way students shouldn’t. I don’t know how to comprehend this situation.
tuftyispie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cat—meow100)
So basically I’m new to this school and I’ve began in year 10 , so I’m 15. My teacher takes a favour to all his students but in the past few weeks he’s been really nice and nice in a really weird way...like I was about to get in big trouble and he protected me and sorted it out for me as I’m really upset. Like and he usually say hi to me in lessons and not really speak to me but now he’s speaking to me loads. I don’t know what to do because he’s married. But a lot of my friends are observing this situation and keeps saying something weird is going on their and my best friend keeps asking “is their something going on between you and ...” I need help because I think I really like this teacher in a way students shouldn’t. I don’t know how to comprehend this situation.
If it's making you feel awkward and you believe there is something happening I suggest you go and talk to the school counsellor or a teacher you trust.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I mean it doesn't actually sound like he's being anything other than friendly, at least how you've described it here.
Claire461
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Here we go again. Why is it always young girls who post here about their teachers? Behave yourself and stop being such a drama queen.
Of course he supported you. You were having a bad time. That’s what teachers do. That doesn’t mean you are going to walk off into the sunset with him. Get a grip.
Cat—meow100
Rep:
?
(Original post by tuftyispie)
If it's making you feel awkward and you believe there is something happening I suggest you go and talk to the school counsellor or a teacher you trust.
But I don’t want to get him fired as he’s a really good teacher
Cat—meow100
Rep:
?
(Original post by Seamus123)
Here we go again. Why is it always young girls who post here about their teachers? Behave yourself and stop being such a drama queen.
Of course he supported you. You were having a bad time. That’s what teachers do. That doesn’t mean you are going to walk off into the sunset with him. Get a grip.
You got to calm yourself geeez!! I’m just looking for other people’s opinions it’s better to be safe than sorry
Claire461
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You got to calm yourself geeez!! I’m just looking for other people’s opinions it’s better to be safe than sorry
Girls like you put teachers at risk of their families and their careers, You read things that aren’t there. You wanted opinions. Everyone isn’t going to tell you what you want to hear. Grow up!
Cat—meow100
Rep:
?
(Original post by Seamus123)
Girls like you put teachers at risk of their families and their careers, You read things that aren’t there. You wanted opinions. Everyone isn’t going to tell you what you want to hear. Grow up!
Did I say I was gonna do anything about it. no so you need to calm down I’m not saying that he does like me or favours me but I want honest opinions because I don’t want to read things wrong and for things to get akward but I thought it was weird that my friends pointed it out to me that we were getting too close...so that’s why I wanted to explain the situation
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't act on those feelings - you'll only end up embarrassing yourself. Crushes luckily go away with time.
tuftyispie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
But I don’t want to get him fired as he’s a really good teacher
Leave it then, however, if it does get clear that there is something more and by this I mean sexual references, etc make sure you do something.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
your teacher doesn't love you

he is being a normal teacher
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your friends are getting excited over nothing. Teenage girls have a tendancy to overexggerate things like this, they're encouraging the situation because it creates drama and gossip, something to talk about.

I wouldn't read anything into it. As others have said, he's acting like a normal teacher would.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads