Cancelled insurance Watch

Jjj19991999jjj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello,

I have a question about my car insurance. Last year I had my black box insurance cancelled due to speeding and they sent me an email saying “FORMAL 7 DAY NOTICE OF CANCELLATION: INSURANCE POLICY FOR XXXXXXX”. I called on the same day and requested to to cancel my insurance, they didn’t say anything about my notice of cancellation. Few hours later I received “CONFIRMATION OF CANCELLATION: INSURANCE POLICY FOR XXXXXX. The purpose of this communication is to confirm that we cancelled your insurance policy”.

So I went on and got an insurance on the same day saying I have never had an insurance cancelled before.

Now it’s time for my renewal and I am getting a new car on finance. The car is 10k+ and I don’t want to risk it.

I requested a quote with the same company that Cancelled my insurance and they gave me a quote even though the price was a bit too much.

Is there any ways I can 100% be sure that I do not have a cancelled insurance on my record?

I don’t want to pay deposit for car and insurance and then find out I indeed have cancelled insurance on my record.

Before anyone posts any unhelpful comments about how this is my fault and blah blah, I know I made a mistake and I am willing to pay for an insurance with higher price but I just want to make sure I have a cancelled insurance on my record.

Thank you
Last edited by Jjj19991999jjj; 2 weeks ago
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jjj19991999jjj)
Hello,

I have a question about my car insurance. Last year I had my black box insurance cancelled due to speeding and they sent me an email saying “FORMAL 7 DAY NOTICE OF CANCELLATION: INSURANCE POLICY FOR XXXXXXX”. I called on the same day and requested to to cancel my insurance, they didn’t say anything about my notice of cancellation. Few hours later I received “CONFIRMATION OF CANCELLATION: INSURANCE POLICY FOR XXXXXX. The purpose of this communication is to confirm that we cancelled your insurance policy”.

So I went on and got an insurance on the same day saying I have never had an insurance cancelled before.

Now it’s time for my renewal and I am getting a new car on finance. The car is 10k+ and I don’t want to risk it.

I requested a quote with the same company that Cancelled my insurance and they gave me a quote even though the price was a bit too much.

Is there any ways I can 100% be sure that I do not have a cancelled insurance on my record?

I don’t want to pay deposit for car and insurance and then find out I indeed have cancelled insurance on my record.

Before anyone posts any unhelpful comments about how this is my fault and blah blah, I know I made a mistake and I am willing to pay for an insurance with higher price but I just want to make sure I have a cancelled insurance on my record.

Thank you
Ask your prospective insurer before taking out the policy - they'll check for you.
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Ask your prospective insurer before taking out the policy - they'll check for you.
I agree. This is the only way of deffo finding out.
Jjj19991999jjj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I called my previous insurance and asked if I have to declare it for my new insurance and they said I don’t have to because I have cancelled it and not them.
Mosinwywyeye
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yep that is correct. As long as you have it in writing that it was cancelled on your instruction its fine. Reason for writing is if tbe new insurers ask or assume something the written letter will be your fall back
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (238)
59.8%
No (160)
40.2%

Watched Threads