The Student Room Group

Key Stage 3

I had my parents evening and I was told that I could pick my options next week . I am predicted grade 8 at end of key stage 3 for all subjects . I am currently in year 8 . My autumn term grades were mixed with maths , science and technology getting grade 7 and RE grade 8 . I want to take triple science to study medicine further . I am bit confused what subjects to take for gcse . I got few grade 6 in most humanities and English . Also , would grade be good enough to take triple science and what grade you need to be at to study medicine and top universities . Thanks
Original post by Aamani29
I had my parents evening and I was told that I could pick my options next week . I am predicted grade 8 at end of key stage 3 for all subjects . I am currently in year 8 . My autumn term grades were mixed with maths , science and technology getting grade 7 and RE grade 8 . I want to take triple science to study medicine further . I am bit confused what subjects to take for gcse . I got few grade 6 in most humanities and English . Also , would grade be good enough to take triple science and what grade you need to be at to study medicine and top universities . Thanks

To do medicine then the most straightforward way is to do Bio and chem plus one other A level and get AAA or better.

You will therefore need to do these at GCSE and get a grade 6 or whatever your school requires to permit you to take A level.

You also need Maths and English pref at grade 6 or higher.

The rest is up to you and get as many high grades as possible from 6-8 should be enough for the schools that focus on A levels, so its ok if you do a few you enjoy if you cna get a good grade. If you dont get high GCSE grades , but as long as you have Maths and English plus the science to do A levels then it will cut down your choice and you focus on schools that place less emphasis on GCSE. Your final cjoice bearing the above in mind is likely to be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest