The Student Room Group

Durham / Bath / Bristol for enginerring

I applied Durham for general engineering , bath and Bristol for mechanical engineering. I was predict with 3 A* in Further maths ,maths and physics and there are looking for A* and 2 A except for Bristol due to contextual offer . I am just not sure about which uni should I put as firm and insurance and which uni would offer a better and variety of works after graduate ?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Onno
I applied Durham for general engineering , bath and Bristol for mechanical engineering. I was predict with 3 A* in Further maths ,maths and physics and there are looking for A* and 2 A except for Bristol due to contextual offer . I am just not sure about which uni should I put as firm and insurance and which uni would offer a better and variety of works after graduate ?

Why did you shortlist those choices in the first place?

Have you visited the universities?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Doonesbury
Why did you shortlist those choices in the first place?

Have you visited the universities?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did visit bath and bristol but not Durham. They are the best one on academic that i can picked except for imperial becuase of the cost of living in london are way too expensive and i got rejected by oxford recently
Reply 3
Original post by Onno
I did visit bath and bristol but not Durham. They are the best one on academic that i can picked except for imperial becuase of the cost of living in london are way too expensive and i got rejected by oxford recently

Visit Durham. You have until May to decide.

Bristol and Bath are particularly good for engineering.
Hi! I'm Leah and I am an engineering student at the University of Bath. I study chemical engineering rather than mechanical engineering but I hope I can give you an insight.

As I'm sure you know from when you visited, Bath is a campus uni. This is something I personally love but it is personal preference - some people would rather be located in the city. The city centre is a 10/15 minute bus journey from campus and the busses run 24/7 during term time, which is great if you go on a night out and live on campus. The campus has a great community vibe and the SU has lots of sport clubs, societies and volunteering to get involved with - there really is something for everyone.

I think the best part about engineering at Bath is the industrial reputation. Taking a placement year is highly encouraged and skills learnt during both the placement and the degree are invaluable for graduate prospects. The engineering placements team offer lots of support and advice when it comes to placement applications and there are so many good links with very reputable companies.

If you have any questions about Bath then please don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Leah
2nd Year Chemical Engineering

Quick Reply

Latest