The Student Room Group

Teacher said I stink

I was at school when I got called out of class . A teacher that doesn’t even teach me said long story short that I smell and I need to wash my blazer . First of all I have good hygiene and none of my friends have told me I smell . Are teachers even allowed to talk about personal things like that ? I’m not really offended but it just feels like the school should be concerned more about study and grades especially when GCSEs are coming up .Smell is also subjective so I don’t really know how you can get angry towards someone about that. IDK what do you think ?
Original post by Anonymous
I was at school when I got called out of class . A teacher that doesn’t even teach me said long story short that I smell and I need to wash my blazer . First of all I have good hygiene and none of my friends have told me I smell . Are teachers even allowed to talk about personal things like that ? I’m not really offended but it just feels like the school should be concerned more about study and grades especially when GCSEs are coming up .Smell is also subjective so I don’t really know how you can get angry towards someone about that. IDK what do you think ?

Yes if they're concerned for you they can do it. And it is subjective to an extent yes but BO is pretty distinctive and easy to smell.

Teachers are allowed to talk about personal things like that but they should try to do it as nicely as possible. Their first priority is your grades but she probably thought she was actually doing a good thing by telling you that she had noticed a smell. I doubt she was angry with you - try not to worry any more about it and just move on.
of course they can say it... they're trying to help you since your friends might ditch you or you may get in trouble at work if you can't manage your personal hygiene.

If someone has said it tbh it's probably true, do you shower daily, wear deodorant and wear clean clothes?
Reply 4
That’s the problem , I don’t understand why that teacher would tell me this because I pride myself in having great hygiene . My friends have never mentioned any issues and I hang around with them all day . That teacher on the other hand , I see her like once a week so idk how she could smell me even if I was to smell bad . Maybe she saw me after I played basketball but everyone smells abit after sport . I’m not offended by what was said but it makes me feel like teachers are talking about me behind my back .
Reply 5
Just wash your clobber then you won't be stinky.
That’s the problem , I don’t understand why that teacher would tell me this because I pride myself in having great hygiene . My friends have never mentioned any issues and I hang around with them all day . That teacher on the other hand , I see her like once a week so idk how she could smell me even if I was to smell bad . Maybe she saw me after I played basketball but everyone smells abit after sport . I’m not offended by what was said but it makes me feel like teachers are talking about me behind my back .

Of course teachers talk about students behind their backs. You would know that if you were a fly on the wall in some school staff rooms. It’s your turn today. Just don’t worry about it. It will become one else’s turn tomorrow.
I laughed, sorry.

that's weird...

maybe it was just a post sports thing? maybe she got wires crossed with another student?

If you're not concerned just move on... if you are go ask a trusted teacher why someone would say that to you
Yes, also your personal hygiene can affect the learning environment. The teacher was maybe doing it for your own benefit, but maybe someone complained.

Your friends not saying anything doesn't sign-post for me. I know a handful of folks who didn't tell that one friend about their hygiene when I was in school. Now you may question if they're "good" friends, but it still stands.

Just be extra cautious I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending